Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Monday, May 8, 2017

Despite getting up 3 times during the night I feel I slept fairly well.
It’s a slightly overcast morning – we’ll see how that progresses.

I forgot to mention that the Colombian Peso closed this past weekend at 2,944 to the US Dollar.

It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete 17 of my 18 exercises at the gym today; the glute machine never became available.

After I returned to the apt it started raining lightly but didn’t last long.

Surprise!  I received the following email from Jhon Berrio:
Hi, yerry
Thank you for minding.
Yes, I had two operations
Nothing like to die. 
Now I am okay again.
I am not working by now, 
I closed the office and want to have 
a partner to open it in El Poblado.
Thanks and have a good time..bye.
I replied asking if he would be interested in assisting Alex for 40,000 pesos an hour.

I received an email from MBE in Miami.  They received my glass order and I had to send them a purchase receipt.

Teresa came back at 1:45 with a Frischuleta from Frisby for me.
After lunch we took a nap from 2:15 to 3:30.

Just before 4pm I left the apt.  I first stopped at Bancolombia where I withdrew some cash and then attempted, twice, to deposit 320,000 pesos into Laura’s account to pay for our Smartfit memberships.  Everything went smoothly until the last step.  The only screen options displayed were cancel or something about transferring to another account.  I didn’t waste anymore time and left and went to the other Bancolombia.  There I didn’t have any trouble and only then did I realize what my problem was with the other machine.  It didn’t have any cash – I deposited 350,000 pesos and was expecting a refund of 30,000.  Instead of saying “I’m sorry, but I don’t have any cash to refund you” it just removed that option from the screen.  I’m still learning!

I stopped at Exito and picked up some arepas and at the corner store picked up some more bags of milk.  Better to buy it now than have Teresa ask me to go out later or tomorrow morning and I’d have to change clothes again.

I received an email from the US Embassy.  They are going to be in Medellin on May 24th with a morning general information session followed by appointments for specific cases.  I signed MT up for a 3:15 appointment for her Social Security and I’ll probably go to the morning informational presentation from 10:30-11:30.

I completed a couple of lessons on Rosetta Stone.

I practiced for an hour on Chess Magnet School.

I started watching episode 1, season 4 of Homeland on Netflix but I gave up – it just seems so slow.

About 9pm I went to brush my teeth and found we have no water.  
At 9:30 it started raining.  Water outside, but not inside.


T-shirt of the day: I’m going to go stand outside, so if anyone asks … I’m OUTSTANDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment