Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Monday, May 1, 2017

Today’s another holiday here!

Last night we went to bed at 11:45 and I fell asleep rather quickly.  I don’t remember if I got up once during the night or not.  I woke up at 7:45 and got up at 8am.

So far it’s a hazy morning but it sure is quiet.  Love those holiday mornings.

I left the apt at 9:25 and did a little over 2 hours to complete my 18 exercises.  I increased the weight by 10# on 3 machines, 5 pounds on 2 machines, and 2 ½# on another machine.

Walking through the park I didn’t see anyone playing chess but they did have kiosks set up for a craft fare.  I was surprised to see the corner store was open.

Remember when you were a kid and you had color by number books?  Well, what Teresa is doing is similar, in that there is a pattern on cloth that she fills in by sewing with colored thread.  Any of my readers know what this is called?

Wilson came over at 4pm and spent a couple hours putting up a couple shelves.  I understand my problem with drilling holes is because even though my drill bits are good for metal he said they aren’t good for drilling in cement – which is what walls here are typically made of.

In Rosetta Stone it could take me a week to get through a Writing lesson.  Since I don’t plan on doing much writing in Spanish I’ve decided to save time and skip the Writing lessons.
We got a little rain starting about 6:30.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Herald.  My plan is to earn a promotion each day practicing a maximum of an hour.  My next tournament starts on Wednesday the 17th.

After Wilson left Teresa decided that he mounted the shelf too high.  Sigh!

Laura went out about 7:30 and brought back empanadas and a couple bags of milk.

We had more rain in the evening.


T-shirt of the day: It was me.  I let the dogs out.

1 comment:

  1. Terry,

    Ref: Your 'sewing by numbers' question...

    Three words came to my mind:

    -embroidery
    -needle point
    -petit point

    Have a look at these in Wikipedia. I'm sure
    that Teresa is prolly doing one of these.

    Cheers!

    PM
    ==

    ReplyDelete