Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Monday, May 29, 2017

Well, it’s Memorial Day in the US and I have no idea what holiday it is here today but I understand something like 3 out of the next 4 Mondays are also holidays here.

So far it’s a pretty overcast morning.

As usual I watched the first 15 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  Only a few people around Exito but there was music and an exercise class going on at the park.  At the gym today I increased the weight by 10# on 1 machine, 5# on 1 machine, and 2½# on another machine.  I completed 17 of my 18 exercises in 2 hours 10 minutes.  I missed the Leg Press machine as it was continuously occupied.  While I was on the Calf Press machine the man next to me had on a pair of gym shoes like I want – without any leather – I noticed they were Adidas brand.

As I was leaving the gym it was just beginning to sprinkle.  It started coming down harder as I got to the park.  I walked under one end of the awning by the bars and by the time I got to the other end the rain had stopped.

Teresa begged off from going shopping for my new gym shoes at Mayorca because she believed there would be too many crowds.  (I thought she said they all left town?)

After lunch I took a nap from 2:10 to 3:20.  Her’s was longer as she usually gets up in the morning before I do.

The following is weird and/or interesting and I hope it doesn’t freak anyone out.  I have 3 old age spots on the inside of my right calf.  Two are convex, meaning they project slightly above the skin and I’ve only had them for the past few years.  The 3rd is parallel or inside the skin and I guess I’ve had it so long I don’t recall not having it.  Why the right leg and the left leg is clear?  Maybe because I’ve experienced some slight trauma with the right – broken leg and knee surgery.

Anyway, last week I was picking at one of the convex spots and it disintegrated and underneath was healthy new skin.  Today I was picking at the other type and it appears that with a good scrubbing with a brush it would disappear also.  What’s going on?  In a good way I mean.  Is it because of my new prostate medication, the vitamins I’m taking, the protein powder I drink after each visit to the gym, or the exercise itself?  I have no idea but it will be interesting to keep an eye on it and see how things progress.

Teresa informed me that Juan and Laura are going to honeymoon in the Dominican Republic.

Tomorrow morning Laura will go with me to the Une office to ask to have our internet speed increased to 10Mbps.  Tomorrow afternoon Teresa will go with me to Mayorca so I can buy new gym shoes – but they aren’t for the gym.


T-shirt of the day: Exercise?  I thought you said “extra fries”.

No comments:

Post a Comment