Friday, May 26, 2017

Thursday, May 25, 2017

I slept well only waking up once when Teresa started snoring.  It may have awakened her also as she immediately stopped.  I got up once about 5am, fell back asleep about an hour later, woke up at 7:15 and got up at 7:30.

It’s a sunny, slightly hazy day.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the Today show and left the apt.  I waited 15 minutes for a bus and then decided I’d better get walking.  Of course on my way the bus passed me.

As I was walking down the steps of the Envigado metro station there was a train ready to leave.  I was about 20 feet from it when the doors closed and it left.  At San Antonio I was walking toward a full metro train and it left just before I got there.  I arrived at the chess league at 10:25; Jose thought I might not be coming.

I had Black in the first game and on the 18th move he made a tactical combination I didn’t see coming.  After that I was fighting for my life and I finally resigned on the 37th move.

We walked to Piccolo’s Pizza where Jose had Fettucini Alfredo and a diet coke and I had a lasagna with coconut lemonade.  The total came to 68,250 or about $24.  While Jose made a trip to the restroom a pizza was brought to the family at the next table.  It contained niblet corn and avocado slices (both popular ingredients here) as well as pepperoni.

Back at the chess league I had the White pieces.  On the 14th move Jose thought he was picking up one of my pawns for free but he ended up losing his bishop for that pawn.  I ended up mating him with less than a minute left on the clock.  It was 3:15 so we decided to stop so I could avoid a cattle car on my return trip.

We said goodbye at the metro station and I made my way back stopping just long enough to buy another kilo of strawberries.  I was back at the apt by 4:15.

In the evening I watched a new episode of El Socio (The Partner).


T-shirt of the day: When you’re dead, you don’t know you’re dead.  It’s only difficult for others.  It’s the same way when you’re stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment