Monday, May 15, 2017

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night Teresa was watching a concert on TV that was being held in the Envigado library just down the hill.

We didn’t get to bed until midnight but I didn’t wake up until 5:30, again at 7:15, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

So far it’s a cool morning with a hazy sky.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,920 to the US Dollar.
This morning I made my first pitcher of Lipton iced tea.  I’m not crazy about artificial sweeteners but we’ll see.  It’s in the refrigerator cooling off and I’ll give it a taste test later in the afternoon.

It’s 1:30 in the afternoon and Laura has yet to appear from her room – still apparently mad.

Teresa didn’t want to go out to a restaurant today so she called a tamales place but found out they were made a month ago – not so fresh.  We discussed going back to the Gourmet pizza place (too far and inconvenient) ordering a pizza from Papa Johns (Teresa’s says too much fat) and finally she called Frisby and ordered a Frischuleta for each of us. 

The food came at 2:15, Laura came out at 2:30, ate her food, thanked me, and then left the apt.

Laura came back at 3:45 with roses for her mother.  Awww!  I was going to give her 20,000 pesos and ask her to get her mother some flowers but she didn’t appear to be speaking to me.  I’m glad to see she did that on her own.

MT came over and the 3 of them chatted for some time while MT and Teresa worked on their needle point.

I tried my new tea but was not fond of the taste that the artificial sugar – Stevia - gave to it.  Next time I’ll use real sugar.  I know iced tea isn’t as healthy as the fresh juices you can get here but I like the iced tea taste and the fact I can drink something very cold will come in handy next month when the rainy season ends and the warm weather returns.

About 9pm I lost my internet connection.


T-shirt of the day: I’m not insulting you.  I’m describing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment