Monday, May 8, 2017

Sunday, May 7, 2017

For some unknown reason it took a while to fall asleep last night.  I think I only got up once finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

I received an email that my glass measuring cup and refrigerator pitcher have shipped and are expected to arrive in Miami tomorrow night.

The deliverymen arrived at 9:30 and by 10am they had left and I had the Direct TV box and router hooked up with the new table and everything was working again.

I paid the owner the 520,000 pesos and it cost another 15,000 pesos for the delivery.

I was a little concerned the shelf wouldn’t fit in the small space on my side wall but it just barely fits.  Now we have to wait for Wilson to have some free time (next Sunday?) to help install it above my computer desk/chess table.

I received an answer from my email to Jose.  He is very much interested in the chess table so I responded with more details.
It looked like Windows was showing that I was getting a strong internet signal so I did another speed test.  I was only receiving 0.81Mbps download and 2.13 Mbps upload.

Teresa and I left the apt at 1:30, quickly caught a taxi and for 17,000 pesos were at 61Prado Guesthouse by 2pm.  Alex was waiting for us and we chatted a bit while waiting to order our lunch.  Alex and I both had the filet mignon and Teresa had their salmon.  Everyone enjoyed their food.

I recognized a woman who works there from our previous visit back in February of 2016.  Her name is Ruby and she gave us very good service.

It looks like Luc, the owner has bought the house next door and Teresa told me he’s turning it into a hostel.

Teresa worked on her needle point while Alex and I talked about our pasts and everything about Medellin.  I gave Alex a package of toilet paper and a map of Medellin.  He gave me a large bottle of Tums and a roll of Scotch tape, which I was much in need of.  Alex picked up the check for everything.

Teresa and I didn’t leave until 7:30 and we were back at the apt by 8pm.  Alex and I are going to meet on Tuesday and I’ll show him a bit of El Poblado.

Trying to go into Rosetta Stone I received a 1141 Application Error.  It said I needed to update my version of Microsoft Silverlight so I did.  After that Rosetta Stone seemed to work fine.
At 9pm it started raining.

I practiced an hour on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Warden.


T-shirt of the day: Of course I talk to myself.  Sometimes I need expert advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment