Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Monday, May 15, 2017

Just before I went to bed last night I was going to take my sleeping pill with a glass of iced tea.  Luckily I had the thought that it might contain caffeine.  I checked online and sure enough an 8oz cup of green tea contains 35-70mg and black tea 60-90mg.  My 2mg sleeping pill probably would not have been able to overcome that.
I got up once during the night finally waking at 7:15 and getting up at 7:30.

It’s obvious we got some rain overnight.

According to my new cell phone the official temperature at 7:30 was 64 degrees.

I received an email from Jose.  He and his wife Maria were suffering from a virus but now they are both well and Jose and I are making plans to meet again this Thursday.

I did 17 of the 18 exercises in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The official temperature when I returned to the apt was 75 degrees.

I found a pdf manual for my cell phone online so I’m reading it to try to pick up some tips.
At 2pm we heard some thunder.

I took a nap from 2:40 to 3:15 and just as I started getting up a storm came through that lasted about 30 minutes.

Well we lost our internet again.

The Lipton tea has such a great smell and flavor I can’t wait to try making it again with real sugar.  Probably tomorrow.  Enough of that aftertaste stuff.

Teresa was watching some program in Spanish and it was so funny to hear a guy speaking Spanish with a heavy Russian accent.

I unplugged the router and plugged it back in again and I soon had wifi and internet again.

According to my new cell phone the official temperature at 7pm is 64 degrees.

In Rosetta Stone I finished Unit 12 which also completed Level 3 – 2 more levels to go.


T-shirt of the day: I’ve decided not to have kids.  The kids are taking it pretty hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    Sorry you are having a concern with Stevia.

    Don't know what kind you got for Stevia, but mine never has an aftertaste. There are several versions of Stevia out there and I use NOW brand Stevia Extract which is crystal clear and NEVER tastes bitter even when I once in a while happen to get a concentrated drop on my finger and/or into my mouth. It just tastes really sweet for 30 seconds or so. But never bitter.

    Thee are some less refined versions of Stevia on the market and some of those can sometimes have a very slight aftertaste of anise. (Go figure!) But the pure extract that I use... I cannot tell the difference between it and sugar.

    The thing which may be off-putting to some people new to it is that Stevia is detected on a different part of the tongue than is sugar. That's true but I no longer even notice that.

    Cheers!

    Paul
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Try a single drop of vanilla extract in your tea and see if you like the taste.

    ReplyDelete