Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

We got more rain overnight but it had stopped by the time I got up at 8am.

Alex, the Gringo from San Francisco I’ve been helping via email, arrives early this morning.  We have plans to meet for the first time at his hotel next Sunday for lunch.

I left the apt about 10:15, found the automatic payment machine at the local Bancolombia to be out of service so I continued on to the other side of Parque Envigado to the other Bancolombia’s machine.  There was a short line of about 10 people ahead of me.  Two people before it was my turn a man was having a lot of problems with the machine and the usual girl that was there to help had left for some reason.  I understood the others in line were asking for someone else to use the machine.  I stepped up and without any difficulties paid my health insurance and apartment rental for May.  I stopped at the paper store and printed out Shredder’s analysis of my games with Jose and the tips that one of my readers gave me for making gallon-sized containers of iced tea.  I was back at the apt by 11am.

About 11:15 I received an email from Alex that he’s now in his hotel in Medellin and will be soon turning in for a nap.

Teresa and MT left for the gym about 11:45.  I reminded her again that MT needs to cancel her gym membership.

When Teresa returned at 1:15 she told me she talked to the agency and we are going to be in the apt for another 6 months but she has to check to see if we have to sign another contract.  Also, MT had changed her mind about cancelling her gym membership because she gets bored in her apartment. 

About 4:30 I thought I had a good wifi connection so I did another speed test and got 3.09Mbps download and 2.23Mbps upload.

I found a World War II biography on National Geographic Channel that I watched for most of the afternoon.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Jouster.

I completed a few more lessons in Rosetta Stone.

I watched Episodes 3 & 4 (Season 6) of The Living Dead on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poems are hard.  Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment