Thursday, May 11, 2017

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Last night I quickly fell asleep perhaps because of all the walking I did yesterday.  I got up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 8am.  I can see we got more rain overnight.

A couple observations I forgot to mention from our visit to MBE yesterday.  Nobraska’s a good looking 30-ish woman and she speaks English better than Victoria which surprised me a little.  I think she said she learned it in Venezuela studying on her own.  Victoria looked different – I think she got a nose job.

I watched the Today show for 8 minutes until the electricity went out.  Trump has fired FBI director James Comey.  A trump presidency is like a 3-ring circus – can’t wait to see what happens next.  I stand by my prediction that he won’t finish out his 5-year term.

Teresa and I left for the gym at 9:15.  I did all 18 exercises in 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Today I increased the weights by 20# on 1 machine, 10# on 4 machines, 5# on 7 machines, and 2 ½# on 2 machines.  On the way back to the apt I saw a truck carrying 2 large cement electrical poles headed for the Metro Plus construction site.  At the apt a new cement electrical pole had been installed and 2 men were working up in the lines. 

After my shower we were going to go out for lunch but Teresa said it was too hot so she ordered in from Frisby.  Of course she waited until I was completely dressed to go out to share that decision.

At 1:30 the electricity came back on but still no wifi.  Ten minutes later it started raining lightly.  By 1:50 wifi had returned.

My wifi signal seemed stronger so I did a speed test and got 9.68Mbps download and 2.16Mbps upload.  Yay!  Finally!

I took a nap from 2:15 to 3pm.  I did another speed test and got 9.43Mbps download and 2.19Mbs upload.  Great!

Teresa asked me to unpack and set up the hand vacuum.  It wasn’t difficult but I showed her that the instructions inside are all in Spanish so I couldn’t help her with the details.  Now, she’s vacuuming the furniture with her new toy.
At 4:30 it started raining lightly.

By 5pm the workers had removed the old concrete electrical pole.  It appears the 20 or so other wires were just transferred from the old pole to the new pole my simply moving the bracket they were attached to.

At 5:45 is started raining more seriously.

I practiced for an hour on Chess Magnet School and did a couple lessons on Rosetta Stone.

At 7pm I did another speed test and registered 6.92 Mbps download and 2.14 Mbps upload.

I finished Michael Crichton’s Timeline and then downloaded Michael Connelly’s Angels Flight: Harry Bosch series #6. 

We left the apt at 7:45, walked down to the larger Exito where Teresa found some more gym clothes and I picked up a bottle of Hunt’s BBQ sauce.  We were back by 9pm.

About 9:30 I was experiencing some buffering in imdb.com so I did another speed test and this time I only got 1.52 Mbps download and 0.07Mbps upload.  Sigh!


T-shirt of the day: You can’t scare me.  I have a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment