Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I feel I slept pretty well despite getting up 3 times during the night.

I left the apt at 10:45, walked to the litografia Lineal place at Calle 38A Sur #41-54 and asked for my business cards.  There was a different guy there than when I placed my order and at first I think he thought I wanted to order them rather than pick them up.  Luckily there was a young lady standing next to me that spoke English and explained my request.  I was told to come back today at 3pm.

On the way back I saw the working end of a back hoe sitting in a hole with water spraying out.  Uh-oh!

Back at the apt there was a flyer under the door.  I understood that next Sunday they will be moving some large trees because of the new Metro Plus and electricity will be out from 7am to 4pm.  The area covered covers about 15 blocks and it stops a block short of our building but who knows.

Teresa came back a couple minutes after I returned and reported that MT now has her SS money in her account.  Yay!  Of course, I don’t know if it’s the correct amount – for example, is she getting about $110 more each month because her Medicare Part B has been cancelled?  I have no idea.

I made up another batch of iced tea.  Again Teresa thought I was crazy when I poured about 40% of it out because I don’t have a 2nd ½ gallon pitcher.  This time after I made it up I poured a glass for myself, Teresa added a heaping teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of lemon and it came out pretty darn good.  Next time I’ll try it with a little less sugar.

Finally we have a mostly sunny day.  And it’s not hot, at least sitting on my a-- in the apartment.

About 3:30 Laura went back with me to Litografia Lineal, the same woman I ordered my business cards from on Friday was there, we waited 10 minutes for them to finish cutting the cards, I paid 25,000 pesos and we were done.  I now have 100 “business” card with my name, email address, and cell phone number.
On the way back I asked Laura if she wanted to stop for coffee or juice and I should have known she wanted ice cream.  We stopped at the most popular location across the street from the park.  She got a double dip in waffle cone with a little arequipe on top and I got a single dip in waffle cone and the total came to 5,000 pesos (less than $2).  I’m not sure what flavor I chose but it had almonds in it and tasted good.

Back at the apt Teresa and MT were working on their needle point and Teresa told me there’s a teacher’s unemployment meeting or something in Medellin.

By about 5pm it was getting very overcast so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some rain later.

I completed a couple lessons on Rosetta Stone.

I listened to some oldies from the 60’s while I went through my emails.


T-shirt of the day: Sometimes I sit quietly and wonder why I’m not in a lunatic asylum…then I take a look around and realize…maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment