Sunday, May 14, 2017

Saturday, May 13, 2017

My eyes feel a little tired this morning after getting up 3 times during the night.  Too much Te Hatsu? 

Teresa told me she’s getting her nails done this afternoon so I’m on my own today as far as lunch goes.

I left the apt just before 10am, took out some cash from the ATM, added 50,000 pesos to my new smart phone and Teresa’s, paid the Une wifi bill at $efecty and stopped at the paper store to order “business cards” with my name, email address and new cell phone number.  At the paper store the owner told me they don’t do that.  I understood I was to walk a block away and up half a block to a place he wrote down as “litografia Lineal”.  I walked the block and it was actually 1 ½ blocks up but I found it.  They didn’t speak any English but I managed to order 100 “business” cards for 25,000 pesos (about $8.50).  I was told they would be ready on Monday.  (In the U.S. it would probably cost $50 and take 2 weeks.)

I was back at the apt just before 11am.

I had sent Alex an email asking if he wanted to meet me for lunch today at Mercado del Rio.  I didn’t hear from him so I went to plan B.

I left the apt just before 1pm, caught an Envigado bus, got off at Santafe mall, and went upstairs to the theater.  I scanned their marque but they didn’t have Alien listed.  Uh-oh!  I walked inside and saw billboard ads that included Alien.  Back outside I bought my general admission ticket for 10,000 pesos.  There was no line at the concession stand but not being able to decide what to have for lunch I went down a level and walked around their large food court.
I didn’t see anything that attracted me and wouldn’t take much time so I headed back upstairs.  Now there was a line of 4 couples and only one young man taking the orders, ringing up the purchases and filling the orders.  After a 10 minute wait I ordered their cine sandwich, a small popcorn and large soda for 22,900.  I ate the sandwich and then carried the popcorn and soda into the theater.  I sat through 25 minutes of shorts and advertisements that only included one coming attraction. 

There were maybe 2 dozen people in the theater, the movie was good and I was glad the trailers didn’t give away all the surprises.  I liked the ending which will set up the next installment of the Alien franchise.

I quickly caught a bus back to the apt and was back home by 5pm.
At 6:30, of course after I had already changed clothes, Teresa stated that she wanted to go to Santafe mall to look for her Mother’s Day present.  We left the apt at 6:45 and didn’t arrive at the mall until 40 minutes later due to very heavy traffic on Avenida Poblado.
The ladies didn’t find anything after looking in Zara, Forever 21, Babushka (sp?) and a couple other stores.  I led Laura into a cell phone accessory store and she helped me pick out a “case” and protection for my cell phone screen for 53,000 pesos.  We went into Falabella looking for a small rice maker but Teresa said they were all too large.  I found another set of gym clothes for me and Teresa found a pair of Leggins for the gym.

Afterwards, it was almost 9pm so we decided to get something to eat.  Laura went to Tennis to check out their clothes.  Teresa wanted to eat at Kokoriko and she enjoyed her chicken but my chicken with rice had no flavor.  After a while we wondered what happened to Laura and we finally called her from my cell phone.  I understood she was at J&C Delicias – I guess because that’s where we usually eat.  Five minutes later we finished our food and walked down to J&C but didn’t see Laura.  I called her and didn’t understand where she was.  I gave the phone to Teresa and she told me Laura was mad because she was looking all over for us so she just left.

We took a taxi back to the apt and were back by 10pm.

Later I asked Teresa where Laura is and I was told she’s been in her room all night.


T-shirt of the day: Let us all take a moment, and be thankful that spiders don’t fly.

3 comments:

  1. Terry,

    Spiders may not fly but the baby ones can parachute! (It's actually true.)

    That should put any arachnophobes who just finished reading this at ease.

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is, and always has been, deathly afraid of spiders! I don't think I'll share that fact with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best not to, you're right.

    PM
    ==

    ReplyDelete