Saturday, June 10, 2017

Friday, June 9, 2017

I went to bed at 11:30 last night, woke up once at 5am, took me a little while to fall back asleep, finally woke/got up just before 8am.
So far it’s a hazy morning.

It was raining lightly as I left for the gym so I took my small umbrella.  To be safe I decided to skip the rotary hip machine again today.  A couple of the personal trainers that speak a little English came up to me and demonstrated that they know a few dirty words in English.  I told them they were bad boys.  Jose showed up early for a change so instead of just telling him the joke of the day I told him several over the next couple hours.  There’s a young man that works here – I think he’s in charge of maintaining the exercise machines – and he always gives me a Colombian handshake when he first sees me.  Today while I was working on one of the machines he came over and rattled something off in Spanish.  I told him I didn’t understand because I only speak a little Spanish.  He slowed down and repeated it slowly word by word. I understood he was saying that there are some good looking women in this gym.  No shit!  I told him in Spanish that it’s “sweets for the eyes” and that it would be “better for his health if he didn’t work here”.  Lol.  
I finished the machines in 2 hours and 15 minutes.  On the way back to the apt there were only a few occasional raindrops.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I really want to see.  The Mummy (6.3) has already opened here but I’m not interested in seeing it.  (I also have little to no respect for Tom Cruise who is a mucky muck in Scientology.)  The movies Megan Leavey (6.9), It Comes at Night (7.5), The Hero (7.5) and Beatriz at Dinner (6.8) are all possibilities.
Locally, The Shack (6.3) is still playing at Las Americas at 4:15.

I received an email from MBE that I have a document available for pickup.  Teresa has another massage appointment tomorrow at 1pm but I’ll probably go to MBE right after breakfast and pick up my document.

I took a nap from 2:15 to 3:30.  As usual, Teresa joined me but I often don’t mention her because her naps are usually a bit longer.  For example, this time she finally got up at 4:45.

I need a new electric shaver or perhaps just new blades.  On YouTube I saw a video where I can use something called Simichrome polish to sharpen my blades.  To save money I’m going to try that first so I ordered a tube of it from Amazon.
With Teresa’s help I made up another batch of iced tea.  Paul, one of my readers, recommended I make some sugar water 1:1 while it’s still hot to make it easier to add to my tea later when it’s cold.  I’m going to do that as soon as I have a small container to store it in.  I have a small bottle of strawberry preserves that I plan to use when I finally empty it.  Oops! When I went to put the 2nd half of my tea in the extra jar I found I already had some there.  I forgot I still had the 2nd half of my 1st batch of tea saved there.  I just added the 2nd half to the jar so we’ll see how that tastes later.

Teresa and I left the apt at 7pm and walked down to Bocados Bar.  We placed an order for dinner and then proceeded on to Home Center.  In the office right away I spotted copies of Gente newspaper so I grabbed one.  (There was an article about the new mall but it was just explaining the new auto traffic patterns.)  While Teresa was waiting for her turn to return the rice cooker I went upstairs to the housewares section.  Alex mentioned he was looking for a kettle so I checked to see what I could find here.  I found a few coffee pots and a tea kettle and took photos to send to him later.





Teresa soon met me upstairs and showed me what I guess is a credit for her purchase.

We walked back to Bocados Bar where we met Laura and we all had a nice dinner for 69,000 pesos.

I checked again online and my vitamins arrived in Miami this afternoon and apparently have been processed and are on their way to Medellin.

Teresa finally gave me the Caldas municipal bill for the finca – 129,972 pesos.

Alex informed me that the kettle photos I emailed him are exactly what he’s looking for.


T-shirt of the day: I’m the god-fearing, gun toting, flag-waving, conservative you were warned about.

No comments:

Post a Comment