Monday, June 5, 2017

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Last night I slept pretty well despite getting up several times during the night.

So far this morning the sky is sunny.

After breakfast Teresa cleaned the refrigerator.  The only problem is afterwards she forgot how to put the shelves back in.  It took me about 20 minutes, helping her, to get it reassembled.  I told her next time she should remove a shelf, wash it and then put it back.

About 10am we lost our electricity.  That cancelled our plans to go to Mayorista to buy food.  We wouldn’t want to come back and put it in a fridge that wasn’t working.

About 10:15 I went to take a nap and didn’t wake up until 12:30.  
Wow.  At least by then the electricity was back on.

Teresa ordered chicken for lunch from Frisby.

I understand MT is coming over and they’re going back to Oviedo because MT wants to buy something.  If the timing is right maybe I’ll be able to see The Lost City of Z playing at Vizcaya at 2:55.

MT came over at 2:15 and all 4 of us were soon in a taxi.  The ladies got off across from Oviedo and I continued on to Mayorca mall.  (The taxi driver and I had a few laughs.  At one point he was about 100 feet from an intersection when the traffic light changed to yellow.  He gunned the engine and the light was clearly red as he entered.  I said “it was still pink” and he had a good laugh.) 

I was surprised by how the theater had changed.  They moved the ticket booth to the other side of the entrance but most surprisingly they removed the glass walls and it’s now all open.  I bought a ticket for 6,000 pesos – only $2 and on a weekend!  Amazing.  I also bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 15,000 pesos - $5.  I found my seat and found I had arrived before the feature started.  There were maybe a couple dozen people in the theater.
The movie was pretty good and it ended unclear if Percy Fawcett had found the Lost City of Z or not.  Afterwards I took a quick look at the remodeled mall and found a business called Teleperformance – Transforming Passion into Performance occupying 2 levels of the mall.  Maybe the mall was remodeled with them in mind.  (Back at the apt I googled it and found:

My plan afterwards was to walk down Calle 7 and stop at the clinic with the ATM that usually gives me small bills.  I should have known as I found it closed.  It is Sunday after all.

I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus and looked for the ladies when we were outside Oviedo.  Just up the street the bus stopped across from Santafe and I saw Laura get on.  For some reason she didn’t seem that surprised to see me.

At 7pm Laura said she was hungry and asked if I would like an empanada.  I said yes and she left to buy a couple for each of us.

Teresa came back at 7:15 with fixings for making me a hamburger but I told her I’ll wait for Laura to return with the empanadas.

Laura returned at 7:45 with the empanadas.

Teresa found my old laminated Cedula in a pair of shorts she had just taken out of the washing machine.  My bad!


T-shirt of the day: PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment