Friday, June 30, 2017

Thursday, June 29, 2017

So, I didn’t undress when I went to bed last night.  I catnapped, more awake than asleep, over the next few hours occasionally getting up and checking my iPad to see if I had an email from my son.  Occasionally I could hear a car approaching but it was obvious it wasn’t stopping when I heard it recede.  (At one of these false alarms Teresa woke up thinking he was here and because of her noise I couldn’t tell if the car was stopping or not.)  Finally, he arrived at 4:30am.

I buzzed him in and he carried his suitcase up to our apt.

Any thoughts of arm wrestling my son (because of my newly built muscles) melted away with the first hug – he seems to be all muscle – the opposite of me at that age.

We quickly got him into his room.  He said he’s now been awake for 24 hours, he isn’t hungry, or thirsty, just tired.  We said goodnight, I took a sleeping pill, took off my clothes and hit the sack.

I woke up at 9:10 from some metallic noise outside, got up and closed the window and the blinds and went back to bed.  I finally got up at 10am.

Jim got up closer to 11am.

After breakfast we walked down to Afrosoul – the t-shirt store.  It had moved a block further away to Carrera 46 #38A-Sur 20.  (The t-shirt I sent him for his birthday last year were size large and he wanted size medium so he brought the t-shirts back for me to use.)  He found both a short sleeve and long sleeve Calles de Medellin t-shirt that I paid 70,000 pesos for.

We walked to a pharmacy where he bought a bottle of contact lens solution for 10,500 pesos and then we went to Bancolombia where he withdrew 600,000 pesos.  Huh?  I thought my maximum withdrawal was 400,000 pesos.

Back at the apt we soon had a nice lunch of soup, salad, chicken breast and fresh juice.

Jim informed me that he has 2 buddies (Shawn and another guy) coming in tomorrow and they’re going to move into an AirBNB place and next Monday thru Wednesday they’re going to tour Cartagena.

Jim wanted to buy a James Rodriques Colombian jersey so late in the afternoon we, with Laura, took a taxi to Santafe mall.  We asked at a number of places but didn’t find one.  We stopped at a Cinnabon store and bought a sleeve of mini Cinnabons that Laura said Teresa had asked for.  We each ate one and shared a juice box of milk.  Laura believed we might at El Tesoro so we jumped in another taxi and soon were at that mall.  We walked around the mall and finally found one at one of the Adidas stores.  It was a Colombian jersey and they custom add whatever name you want to the back.  Of course, he wanted “James”.  The lady said to come back in 20 minutes.  We walked around the mall a little.  At one point we stopped into a store that had music DVDs and a few record albums.  I saw that now El Tesoro has a small Starbucks.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

From 8pm to 9pm I watched a new episode of El Socio (The Profit).  Jim and Laura left at 8:15 to check out some dance place.  They were back by 10pm because Jim was still tired from yesterday.  Jim soon went to bed.  Teresa and I went to bed at 10:30.


T-shirt of the day: Of course your opinion matters.  Just not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment