Friday, June 9, 2017

Thursday, June 8, 2017

I recall getting up several times during the night plus being awakened by a car alarm at 2:45am and squealing brakes at 5:45.  I finally woke/got up at 8am.

So far it’s a very overcast day.

I watched the first 2 hours of James Comey’s Senate testimony on Direct TV then they switched to their regular scheduled program.

I dressed in jeans, t-shirt and my new gym shoes, took my small umbrella and headed outside.

I only had to wait about 5 minutes for a metro bus and another 5 for a metro train.

I got off at the stadium station and walked to the barber shop.  In hindsight it might have been closer had I gotten off at the next station – Floresta.  In 30 minutes I got my haircut for 18,000 pesos.  I don’t know why but it seems to be a different guy every time.

I walked to the chess league office but they didn’t have any new tournaments posted.  I continued on to El Viejo y El Pancake where I had 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage and a glass of orange juice for 13,000 pesos.

Just as I was leaving it started to rain.  I walked back to the metro station and this time got off at the Poblado station (lots of gringos around but no more rain).  As I walked up the hill I saw those someone selling those new toys, I think they’re called Spinners, on the street.  

At MBE I paid 263,753 pesos with my debit card to cover June, July, and whatever overweight items I’ve received lately.  I continued up the street (very quiet, almost no one around – because of the rain?) and stopped at Citibank for a withdrawal.  

I stopped at Cosechas (sp?) and had a large, cold, fresh mango/banana/papaya juice with yogurt for 7,200 pesos.  I continued up to Oviedo and on my way donated the 800 pesos in change in my pocket to an Indian selling her handmade jewelry on the sidewalk. 

Outside Oviedo I watched a couple Envigado buses go by and even one Sabaneta because it charged 2,100 pesos and I didn’t want to break another bill.  A couple more buses and I was on another to Sabaneta for 2,000 pesos.  I stopped across from Exito where I bought a kilo (2.2#) of fresh strawberries for 10,000 pesos.  I was back at the apt just before 4pm.  I took a nap from 4-4:30.

At 6pm it started raining (hard) so I made the decision not to go to the gringo meet-up in Sabaneta this evening.
I did a few more lessons on Rosetta Stone.

The rain finally stopped around 8:30.


T-shirt of the day: 333 – Only half evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment