Friday, June 23, 2017

Thursday, June 22, 2017

I slept pretty well despite getting up 3 times during the night.  The second of those times, at 3:30am, it took me about an hour to get back to sleep.

It’s a partly cloudy day thus far.  I watched the Today show for 90 minutes, then 45 minutes of Mayday until Teresa returned from the gym.  The 3 of us quickly caught a taxi to Euro in Mayorista.

I helped pick up a few things and then went to their food court for lunch.  They had 3 of those large catering dishes set up that were covered but I don’t know if I’m supposed to serve myself and when and where do I pay?  Instead I ordered a sausage and cheese omelette and café con leche for 8,100 pesos.  Teresa wasn’t too happy to see me eating this unhealthy food but I explained that I didn’t know the procedure for ordering the other.  It did look better that what I had though.

Back at the apt I paid the driver 8mil for the ride and helping load/unload our bags.

Walking up the stairs my hip felt a little sore so I took an Excedrin migraine.

I received an email that I have a document waiting for pickup at MBE.  Perhaps my July issue of Chess Life magazine is here already?

For Teresa’s 4pm massage appointment we decided to take a bus down Avenida Las Vegas.  That will be the first time for me but it shouldn’t be too difficult – probably just look for a bus with Monterrey CC listed on the window.  We left the apt at 3pm and my hip was bothering me as we walked to the top of the hill.  As we were starting down the hill my hip started bothering me more, Teresa noticed and convinced me to turn back which I did.  It’s a partially cloudy day as it cleared up nicely.

When I got back to the apt I found Office Depot fliers under the door.  I took one and looking through it I found a desk with side drawers that might work for Laura. 

I downloaded Stockfish 8 for Windows.  Per Wikipedia: Stockfish is a free and open source[3] UCI chess engine, available for various desktop and mobile platforms. It is developed by Marco Costalba, Joona Kiiski, Gary Linscott and Tord Romstad, with many contributions from a community of open source developers.
Stockfish is consistently ranked first or near the top of most chess engine rating lists and is the strongest open source chess engine in the world.[4][5][6] It won the unofficial world computer chess championships in season 6 (2014) and season 9 (2016). It finished runner-up in season 5 (2013), season 7 (2014) and season 8 (2015).

Laura left for the gym at 6:30 and Teresa came back at 6:45.

I watched a new episode of El Socio on Direct TV.

By the time I went to bed my right side hip was killing me so I took an Advil just before retiring.


T-shirt of the day: I’d love to explain it to you, but I don’t have any crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment