Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today’s the 73rd anniversary of D-Day.  Thank you WWII vets!

Again last night I had some heartburn at bedtime, this time I took 2 Tums right away but still had trouble falling asleep for the first 30 minutes or so.

I woke up at 5:55am due to squealing brakes outside.  Teresa said something and I only understood “gym” but I quickly fell back asleep and woke/got up at 7:30.

So far it’s a mostly sunny day.

Teresa informed me that it’s too late to go to Mayorista so she’s going to her gym appointment first.  Then she reminded me that she has another massage appointment at 4pm this afternoon so I guess it’s going to be a busy afternoon.

According to the app on my cell phone it’s supposed to be 88 degrees at 2pm.   Wow!

Laura left at 11:45 for Caldas to pick up the quarterly property tax bill for the finca.

Teresa returned just before noon and told me to go for lunch myself because she only had enough leftovers from yesterday for herself.
Btw, I’m dressed in shorts, sleeveless t-shirt and my new gym shoes.

I went to Moriskos where I had the menu of the day for 13,000 pesos.  It included a cold drink – not sure if it was really juice – a plate with a few meatballs, rice, potato salad and a couple slices of tomato with a small slice of cake for dessert.  I wondered why my bill came to 14,200 pesos until I noticed they had added a tip.

Teresa, MT and I left the apt at 3pm and we arrived at Stella Duran before 3:30.  I told Teresa to meet me across the street at the bakery but I went on an exploratory mission 100’ away to the White House – aka Casa Blanca Hostel.  It looked more like a corner store than a hostel but I guess they have rooms somewhere upstairs or in back.  There certainly weren’t any gringos sitting nearby.  I bought a 600ml bottle of Coke, connected to their wifi and sat down at one of their outdoor tables.  It was a warm afternoon but this location was under some nice shade trees and after 4pm a nice little breeze started up.  At 4:30 I headed back to SD and sat down in their waiting area.  MT came out at 5pm and Teresa at 5:30.  We went across the street where we each had a small yogurt at a small store.  I noticed half a dozen gringos heading towards the hostel.  We walked a block away where after a wait of a few minutes we caught a taxi back to Envigado.  We dropped MT off a block from her apt and continued on to ours.

I completed some more lessons on Rosetta Stone.

I practiced some more with the openings feature of Shredder.

The plan tomorrow is to get up early (what could go wrong) and go to Mayorista before going to the gym.


T-shirt of the day: What would MacGyver do?

No comments:

Post a Comment