Friday, June 2, 2017

Thursday, June 1, 2017

I felt I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night.
This morning the sky is mostly cloudy.

I left the apt about 8:15 with the intention of withdrawing enough cash from Citibank to pay most of my monthly bills.  At the bank, on the last ATM step it said something about “tardy – and try again later”.

I went next door to Bancolombia and made a single maximum allowed withdrawal.  I would need 3 more to cover my 1st of the month expenses but I don’t want people to see me making numerous withdrawals in this open space.  (Citibank allows larger withdrawals and it’s much more private.)

Back at the apt I watched the beginning of the Today show.

I left the apt again at 9:45 and first tried the Citibank ATM but with the same result.  I walked down the hill to the Citibank kiosk outside Exito.  It told me “I can’t do that right now – try again later”.  I went inside where I made 2 maximum withdrawals from Bancolombia.

Back at the apt I watched an episode of Mayday I hadn’t seen before.

Afterwards I walked to Bancolombia where I made another withdrawal and was able to pay all my bills using their automated machine.  Teresa had asked me to stop in Exito and pick up bananas and strawberries.  Back at the apt Teresa chastised me a little because I brought back bananas and tomatoes (well, they’re both red).  I used my iPad to take photos of my receipts and emailed them to the proper recipients.

Teresa wanted to go down to the garage restaurant for lunch but then she begged off because her legs were too tired.  She also skipped her personal training session at the gym today for the same reason.

Laura and I walked down to Deli Hoy where we had a nice lunch for 11,000 pesos each.  They had a buffet with a minimum of choices but it was still good.  As we left 3 young ladies were walking towards us.  One had big boobs and was wearing what looked like the sleeveless t-shirt like I usually wear around the house.  (I have to admit she looked better in it than I do.  Lol.)  She wasn’t wearing a bra and didn’t have her nipples covered either.  Omg.

Teresa and I took a nap from 3:20 to 4:30.

I made another batch of tea but this time, instead of throwing away half of it, I left it to cool and later put it in the Kilner jar I had just bought and put it in the fridge.

Last weekend Laura told me that her university’s campus is in Bello – almost the end of the metro line to the north.  Since then she found out that the Psychology department has a location in downtown Medellin – much closer.

Laura left at 7pm to go to the gym for her workout.

I watched a new episode of El Socio (The Profit).

At 9pm Teresa informed me that it’s raining.  The main way that I can see if it’s raining is by looking at one of the street lights.  I think Laura’s going to be a little wet when she returns.  Laura returned at 9:30.

At 10pm we heard a “boom” and the lights went out.  It sounded like a transformer blew.  By the time I got my flashlight out of my toolbox the lights were back on.


T-shirt of the day: Got kids?  Want mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment