Thursday, June 22, 2017

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I slept well only getting up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Its overcast and we obviously got a little rain overnight.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  It was still overcast but it wasn’t raining so I didn’t take my umbrella.  (I’m not worried about getting rained on on my way back because I’m just going to jump in the shower anyway.)  I picked up a free adn newspaper outside Exito but I didn’t see anything interesting in it for me.  I did most of my upper body exercises, a couple of my leg exercises and 20 minutes on the treadmill at level 5.

After lunch, I left the apt at 1pm, caught a bus after a 10 minute wait, quickly was on the metro and got off at the Hospital station.  When I got to Aventura mall it was only 1:40 so I went upstairs and checked out the movie theater.  Movies that are “coming soon” are Tom Hanks’ The Circle (5.3) with Emma Watson, and Scarlett Johansson in Rough Night (5.5).  Downstairs I saw another poster advertizing Dunkirk arriving on July 27th.

I was at Dario’s store by 2pm and I had the White pieces in the first game.  I had prepared the Scotch gambit for him and he fell into it hook, line, and sinker.  By the 8th move, material was even but his King had lost the right to castle and was vulnerable.  He resigned on the 18th move after he blundered a piece.

I had the Black pieces in the second game.  I wanted to play the Colle system again but he delayed playing Nf3.  We both got in severe time trouble, we both queened pawns then exchanged them and I queened another pawn but immediately lost on time.  (Maybe I need to buy one of those new chess clocks that allow you to have at least a minimum of 30 seconds each move.)

Walking back to the station I could see dark clouds to the south so Envigado was probably getting some rain.

When I got off at Envigado station it had stopped raining and I saw a rainbow to the east.  I bought a kilo of strawberries for 12,000 pesos.

At 5:30 it started raining but it stopped by 6pm.  We’re running out of some food items so we sent Laura out to Exito to buy sandwiches for dinner.  I understand we’re going to Mayorista early tomorrow.  We’ll see how that goes!  Lol.

I did a couple more lessons on Rosetta Stone.


T-shirt of the day: When I was a kid I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment