Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The morning started out overcast, soon cleared but remained cool.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show then walked to the nearby paper store that Laura had brought me to the other day.  I asked to have a couple pages printed out from my flash drive; I have to start preparing for my games against Dario tomorrow.  The guy seemed to have some trouble opening my Word documents – he even had to reboot his computer once.  It took a little longer than usual to print but that was offset by the fact I didn’t have to walk as far and he only charged me 300 pesos per page instead of 400.
I walked to Exito where I found the little adn booth and a young lady standing there but she wasn’t handing out newspapers.  I went to a regular newsstand where I bought Qhubo and Colombiano newspapers for 1,000 and 1,500 pesos, respectively. 

Back at the apt, I scanned through the newspapers but didn’t see any mention of the just concluded chess tournament.  Maybe it was in yesterday’s newspapers?

I took a nap from 10:45 to 11:45.

Teresa left for the gym at 11:30.

At 12:30 it started raining lightly but it only lasted 5 minutes.

Laura and I left for lunch at 1pm.  At the garage restaurant, Deli Hoy, they had a buffet for 11mil.  I had chicken vegetable soup, Cole slaw, 4 small ribs, pork, beef, a couple small potatoes, and pineapple juice.  As usual the beef was a little chewy but at least it didn’t cost anything extra.

Outside the clouds were getting dark but we made it back to the apt without it raining.

I reviewed some chess openings in anticipation of my matches against Dario tomorrow.

At 4pm Teresa and I went for a nap but I soon gave up and went back to my laptop.

MT came over just before 5pm and she and Teresa worked some more on their needlepoint.

At 5:15 it started pouring but by 6pm it had slowed to just a mist.

At 9pm I started watching episode 9 of Genius until I realized it was the same as last night’s episode 11.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t grow up.  It’s a trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment