Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Monday, June 12, 2017

Besides getting up several times during the night I was finally awakened at 7:50am by some guy walking down the street shouting something about “umbrella”.  I got up and saw that it had rained and was still raining lightly.

Teresa had informed me that she would be going with her mother to an ear doctor appointment today at 12:30 so Laura and I were on our own for lunch.

After watching 20 minutes of the Today show I grabbed my small umbrella and headed to the gym.  Today I only did 17 of the 18 exercises – skipping the shoulder lift because I felt some discomfort while doing it.  Besides a couple other jokes I told Jose the only one I know in Spanish.

The rain had stopped by the time I left the gym.  Walking through the courtyard by Exito I saw 3 youngsters with those spinners.  While I was watching the lady handed me one and I don’t see the fascination with it – it doesn’t appear to do anything other than go around.  My 50’s slinkie did that!  Lol.

Back at the apt I showered and Laura showed up at 1:15.  We walked down to the garage restaurant where I had one of the better meals there of grilled pork, mashed potatoes and gravy, with the usual salad and juice for a total of 11,000 pesos.

On our way back to the apt we ran into a couple ladies with their dogs.  They were all friendly.  Lol.  The older lady, probably the mother, had a large husky.  I told her we have the same blue eyes and that the husky is the mascot for my university.  I learned the dog is 6 months old and I said it’s probably going to get a little bigger.  The younger lady had a Chihuahua and it was friendly also.
Laura returned to the apt and I went on to Exito where I picked up a few things.

I received an email from MBE that my Simichrome polish is in Miami without a value attached to it so I forwarded my purchase email.

I was finally able to catch the beginning of the 4th round on chess24.com.  One thing I learned is that there are apparently 259 players in this tournament with an average rating of 2134.  I was able to switch from game to game (they seemed to be covering about 10 of them) and watch the progress along with a computer evaluation of each position.

At 8:30 it started raining.  All night my wifi only worked intermittently.

At 9pm I watched the 8th episode of the series Genius on Direct TV.


T-shirt of the day: Bomb Technician.  If you see me running, try to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment