Thursday, June 15, 2017

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I got up a couple times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

It was very overcast and was raining very lightly.

I looked online and saw that my Simichrome polish is now “in transit” so it should be here by next week at the latest.

I watched the news about the Virginia baseball field shooting on the Today show.  Teresa told me her appointment today with the personal trainer is at 4pm.  At 10:40 I switched the TV to an episode of Mayday that I hadn’t seen before.  I left for the gym just after 11:30.  Today I skipped 3 exercise machines, not because they were occupied but because I ran out of time.

I felt a few isolated raindrops on my way but was back at the apt by 2pm. 

I received an email from MBE that my vitamins have arrived in Medellin.

At 3:35 it started raining hard but it stopped 10 minutes later.
At 3:45 Teresa informed me that her PT (personal trainer) called and changed her appointment to 4:30 so I left right away and stopped at an ATM where I withdrew some more cash.  Coming back to the apt the sun was so bright it almost blinded me.

I made a glass of iced tea (this time with a little lemon; although it looks more like a lime to me) and at 4pm I started watching more of the American Continental Championship on chess24.com.  I’m especially enjoying watching the play of 16-year old Samuel Sevian.  He has an FIDE rating of 2601 and today he’s playing on board 5.  (He holds the record for the youngest ever United States Grandmaster at the age of 13 years, 20 months, and 27 days.)  Thus far he has 4 wins and 2 draws although this game looks pretty drawish.  At least he might finish relatively early so he can rest for tomorrow.  It turned out to be a draw by repetition.

Starting about 6:30 our TV had a note at the bottom that said something about “Don’t lose your signal.  Pay your bill”.  I checked and I paid the Direct TV bill on June 6th.


T-shirt of the day: There are 3 kinds of people in this world.  Those who are good at math and those who aren’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment