Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Being a cool night from all the rain I slept well under a sheet and blanket but woke up for some reason at 2am.  I got up for a drink of water and happened to notice it had stopped raining so I opened the window part way.

I got up again about 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

It’s another overcast day thus far.

I watched the first hour of the Today show then left the apt with my umbrella and sunglasses because you never know what type of day it might turn into.

I picked up a free adn newspaper by Exito.  Yesterday I saw workmen doing some work by the ATM machines.  Today confirmed that they are putting in a 2nd automatic payment machine.  I stopped at the corner Gana store and added 50mil to Teresa’s cell phone.  I quickly caught an Envigado bus but it was 10 minutes before we got moving.  I scanned through the newspaper and the 2nd page had an article about the Guatape boat tragedy.  It stated that there were 164 passengers, 155 people were rescued, 7 bodies have been recovered and 2 are still missing.  I got off at MBE where I picked up my document – my Chess Life magazine.  
I quickly caught another bus and got off at Oviedo mall.  I bought a vanilla latte in Starbucks and settled down to read my Chess Life magazine.  I was surprised to see a mistake – an advertisement for a chess tournament for last April – until I noticed that this was the February issue.  I knew I was missing this issue but I thought it was lost forever.  A couple ladies were sitting at the next table and it was obvious that one was giving a Spanish lesson to the other.  I talked to them briefly – the student was an older woman named Melissa from North Carolina.  She’s been here for 5 months visiting her son who lives here.  I gave the teacher my “business” card and asked her to contact me for possible Spanish lessons.  I stayed about an hour and then walked to Cueva de Quesos where I bought a package of bagels.  After a 5 minute wait I was on a Sabaneta bus back to the apt.  Teresa returned right after I did.

After lunch I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30.

At 3:45 it started raining but it stopped 15 minutes later.

We left the apt at 4:15, walked down to Avenida Las Vegas and quickly caught a bus.  It was a new bus with fancy entrance and separate exit.  We got off a block from Stella Duran and Teresa was there by 4:45. 

I bought a bottle of water at the White House Hostel and sat down at one of their tables.  I finished scanning my Chess Life magazine and read some from my Nook book.  Teresa came back at 6:15 and we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I received an email from my son that his plane comes in tomorrow night at 11:30.  I gave him our address and suggested I meet him at the airport.  He responded that he’ll figure it out.

At 9:45 it started raining.

I watched some stupid movie on Direct TV and we went to bed at 11:15.


T-shirt of the day: Always give 100%.  Unless you’re donating blood.

2 comments: