Saturday, May 11, 2019

Friday, May 10, 2019


I woke up twice during the night, the second time with another cramp in my right calf.  I finally woke/got up at 7:30.

This is the first time in quite a while that first thing in the morning my back doesn’t hurt.  It still feels a little weak but at least the pain is gone.  Not sure what the reason is: maybe the muscle relaxant pills or the little yoga exercises I’m doing in the afternoon?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.

Among new US movie releases I wouild like to see The Biggest Little Farm (8.1), The Serengeti Rules (7.0) and maybe Tolkien (7.0).  My son (5.8) sounds interesting but its original language is French which means that here I would have a choice of hearing it dubbed in Spanish or in its original French with Spanish subtitles.  In either case I wouldn’t understand much. Locally, the only movie that looks interesting is The Professor and the Madman (7.4) only playing at Vizcaya.

Teresa called at 12:15 and told me there is a long line at Claro for her to pay her bill and to order a data plan for me.  She will call a little later as she is leaving and we will meet at the menu of the day restaurant in La Buena Mesa.

Teresa called me back at 12:35 and told me she’s already at the restaurant.  I changed my clothes and met her there by 12:45 where we had their menu of the day for 34 mil ($11).

Back at the apt we took a nap from 1:40 to 2:40pm.

We left the apt at 4pm and quickly caught a taxi.  Traffic was very heavy and we didn’t arrive at Premium Plaza mall until 4:45.  On the way when we were stopped in traffic at Parque Poblado we were approached by a street performer that looked and acted exactly like the joker.  He even spoke some English and really freaked us all out.  Teresa spent over an hour in Zara looking at clothes but didn’t find anything in her size.  At one point I noticed on the 2nd floor a bookstore where everything was in English.  We were having dinner at Subway when Teresa got a call and I undersood JJ left the finca gate open and horses wandered inside.  She made a few calls including JJ and I understand everything is under control now and she won’t have to go there tomorrow.

Laura is visiting her boyfriend in Boston this weekendand I got a few text messages while she was waiting at the airport.

Teresa looked in a couple more stores and we took a taxi back to Envigado.  Traffic was very heavy as we approached the Gold Mile but luckily our driver knew of a short cut around most of it.

We were back at the apt by 8pm.

7,433 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two Irish nuns have just arrived in the USA by boat and one says to the other, “I hear that the people in this country actually eat dogs.”
“Odd”, her companion replies, “But if we are going to live in America, we might as well do as the Americans do.”
Nodding emphatically, the mother superior points to a hot dog vendor and they both walk towards the cart.
“Two dogs, please,” says one.
The vendor is only too pleased to oblige and he wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over the counter.
Excited, the nuns hurry over to a bench and begin to unwrap their “dogs”.
The mother superior is first to open hers.  She begins to blush and then, staring at it for a moment, leans over to the other nun and whispers cautiously:
“Which part did you get?”

No comments:

Post a Comment