Friday, May 3, 2019

Thursday, May 2, 2019


I slept well only getting up once during the night at 5am finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa had already left for her gym class.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and I headed out.  I took a bus to downtown Envigado where I got in a short line at Banco Caja Social.  The limit on their screen showed 700,000 but I tried 800,000 and was denied.  I tried 700,000 and was denied.  I finally started over and was able to withdraw 400,000 pesos.  I went to $efecty where I paid the Direct TV bill for May.

I walked down to the mall and crossing the street I ran into Jerry, the guy I met Superbowl Sunday.  He told me he found the Thai restaurant that he wanted to show me.  He wanted to go there next Tuesday but I told him not next Tuesday.  We left with the agreement that we would make contact via Whatsapp.

At Auros I asked for their fax number but they don’t have one.  Upstairs at Mr. Kutz I asked for Jose, the owner, and was told he would be back in an hour.  It was 10:30 so  I went downstairs to Habia Una Vez where I had a mango juice for 5,100 pesos and read news on my cellphone.  At 11:30 I went back up and Jose informed me that Leo doesn’t work there anymore – something about being late.  He suggested I get a haircut from a young lady named Sara.  I asked for my haircut a little shorter than before and I got a decent cut for 25mil.  All of a sudden others were talking about a tremblor but I didn't feel anything.  In the middle of the cut Teresa called and asked me to give the phone to Sara.  I did and afterwards I told Sara to give me the haircut I want not whatever my wife just told you.

Back at the apt Teresa seemed to be pleased with my haircut.

I watched all but the first 30 minutes of All the President’s Men (8.0) on Direct TV.

When MT arrived at 6:30 we took a taxi to Santafe mall.  In the traffic on the way we caught up with a young man rollerblading in the street.  He was moving pretty fast and soon passed us at the next traffic circle and – boom – he was out of sight.

At Santafe mall the ladies went into Zara while I waited outside.  Once again I couldn’t get an internet connection through their wifi so I read some from my Reader’s Digest.  Teresa came out to get me and I paid 229,800 ($71) for a blouse for Teresa and a mother’s day gift of a dress for MT.

We went upstairs where we had dinner at Crepes & Waffles.  MT had spinach soup, Teresa “green kiss” soup and broccoli cheese chicken and I had a bowl of onion soup and a caesar salad.  The ladies also had juices and the total came to 74,100 ($24).

They window shopped a little more just before closing and then we took a taxi back to the apt.

7,931 steps today.

Joke of the day
25% of the women in this country are on medication for mental illness.

That's scary.  It means 75% are running around untreated...

No comments:

Post a Comment