Thursday, May 2, 2019

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy May Day!  Today it is a holiday here.

Last night I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 5:10 and couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 6:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Avenida Poblado was partially closed off for Ciclovia for the holiday.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 20 minutes.  I asked Juan Carlos if they had a scale that I could use to weigh myself.  He reached behind the counter and pulled out a small digital scale.  He asked me to remove my shoes first which I did and I got on and the numbers bounced around a little and it settled on exactly 777 – jackpot!  That 77.7 kilos translates to 171#.

I received an email from Alejandro informing me of a hamburger challenge for best hamburger in Medellin.  I didn’t tell him I read about it on Facebook last week.

I walked back to the apt and they now have couches and a TV in the guardhouse.  Interestingly, even though the TV is still covered in cardboard it’s facing the guards not the couches.

After lunch Teresa and I took a little nap from 2-3 pm.

After, Teresa asked if we could go to Persimmon for ice cream then got the great idea that we would just share a Klondike bar.  I guess she finally decided she likes them.  It turned out to be the last one and now she wants to go to Pricesmart to buy more.  I doubt though that another box of 24 would fit in our freezer today.

I thought she wanted to go to Santafe mall today but again she used the excuse of too many people.

I suggested we have dinner at the Mexican restaurant.  We left the apt about 7:15 and were surprised to see a lot of people as we approached La Buena Mesa.  (After all it is a holiday.)  We saw a line for Jack & Roll down to the corner and around the other side.  There were shorter lines for the other 2 hamburger restaurants – Monsieur Burger and Sitting Buffalo.

We had our choice of tables at El Tepito.  Teresa had their chicken filet and I had chicken fajitas and we each had a glass of strawberry juice for a total of 70,950 ($23).

The lines were much shorter as we passed by at 8:45.

We stopped in Exito on our way back and picked up a bag of milk and a bunch of bananas.

6,007 steps today.

Joke of the day
WIFE:  "There is trouble with the car.  It has water in the carburetor."
HUSBAND:  "Water in the carburetor?  That's ridiculous "
WIFE:  "I tell you the car has water in the carburetor."
HUSBAND:  "You don't even know what a carburetor is.  I'll check it out. 
Where's the car?”
WIFE: "In the pool".

No comments:

Post a Comment