Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Tuesday, May 28, 2019


Last night I took half my Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30.  I got up at midnight to pee, again at 3:30 when I took the other half, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7:30.

My back seems to be only slightly better this morning so I’m glad I have another appointment for tomorrow.  Btw, the first appointment was 50mil and the following I believe are 70mil.

It’s about 9:45 and it’s raining lightly.  For the record we didn’t get any rain yesterday.

I left the apt at 11am while Teresa was lying down.  The possible significance of that will come soon.

I quickly caught a bus to the metro, a metro car to Exposiciones station and a taxi to Unicentro mall arriving about 11:45.

I had a Frisburrito and a coconut lemonade from Frisby.  In the middle of eating my burrito it finally dawned on me that I had left my bag with the chess board and pieces on the chair closest to the front door.  Sigh!  Maybe Teresa would have reminded me had she been up and around.

Rory arrived right at 12:30 and I gave him the bad news so we chatted for some time.  I learned that he is no longer welcome to teach English in China because of the tariff war.  I understand he is going to meet his parents in Italy and then he’s going to visit Mexico.  We said goodbye and good luck as there’s a good chance we will never see each other again.

I called Teresa and she said not to hurry home because she’s in El Tesoro.

I retraced my steps but got off the metro in Envigado.  I went upstairs to the 4th floor of the mall to get a haircut.  Jose wasn’t there but I waited my turn for the same girl who cut my hair last time.  Midway through my haircut it started raining hard.  I got a pretty good haircut for 25mil ($8).

I went downstairs to Habia Una Vez where I had a café con leche and a slice of carrot cake while I waited for the rain to stop or at least lessen.  I ate all the cake but it was so dry that I told the waitress that they shouldn’t serve it to anyone else.  As I left I looked at the cake in the display case and it looked like mine was the only slice taken out of it.  Uh-oh.

The rain was down to just a light mist as I walked back to the apt.  Teresa called me just as I was outside Exito and asked me to pick up eggs and dish soap.  She said we didn’t need milk and I asked her how she knew if she was in El Tesoro.  She said that was a joke.  I told her that it’s a joke that I’m going to pick up milk and dish soap.  Lol!

I invited Teresa to join me to see Aladdin (7.4) at Oviedo mall at 7:15 but she said she wasn’t interested in the movie after seeing the trailer.  And it was still raining at least lightly.

I left the apt and was happy to see a taxi in the garage just dropping someone off.  He took me directly to Oviedo and I got off at a side entrance.  It was still raining.

I went upstairs and had no difficulty purchasing a single seat but it looked like most seats were sold.

I went downstairs and returned the paperback book Space that I had checked out weeks ago.  I read some from my new Nook book in their comfortable area.  At 7pm I went back upstairs and bought my popcorn and soda.  The escalators were out of service so it was a two story climb up to the next set of theaters.

Aladdin was interesting and I enjoyed Will Smith’s part as the genie.  Sometimes I thought Disney went a little loud on the music but it was otherwise enjoyable.

When I left the mall I saw a Sabaneta bus so I skipped a taxi and took the bus back to the apt returning about 10pm.

9,088 steps today.

Joke of the day
One day a Scotsman, who has been stranded on a desert island for over ten long years, sees an unusual speck on the horizon.
"It's certainly not a ship," he thinks to himself. As the speck gets closer and closer, he begins to rule out the possibilities of a small boat, then even a raft.
Suddenly, emerging from the surf is a drop-dead gorgeous blonde woman wearing a wet suit and scuba gear.
She approaches the stunned man and says to him, "Tell me how long it’s been since you've had a cigarette?"
"Ten years," replies the Scotsman.
With that, she reaches over and unzips a waterproof pocket on her left sleeve and pulls out a pack of fresh cigarettes. He takes one, lights it, takes a long drag and says, “Och - in the name of the wee man is that good!"
 "And how long has it been since you've had a sip of good scotch?" she asks him.
Trembling, the castaway replies, "Ten years." She reaches over, unzips her right sleeve, pulls out a flask and hands it to him. He opens the flask, takes a long swig and says, "Tis absolutely fantastic!"
At this point she starts slowly unzipping the long zipper that runs down the front of her wet suit, looks at the man and asks, "And how long has it been since you've played around?"
With tears in his eyes, the man falls to his knees and sobs, "Oh, sweet Jesus! Don't tell me you've got golf clubs in there too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment