Friday, May 17, 2019

Thursday, May 16, 2019


I got up twice during the night (probably shouldn’t have had oatmeal for supper) the second time being at 5am.  At 6am I gave up trying to get back to sleep and got up with Teresa.  At least I’ll get a good breakfast before she leaves for the gym.

At 7am I went back to bed and woke up exactly at 9am.  I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, then took half an Excedrin Migraine.  I waited 15 minutes for it to kick in then took my shower.

I watched Chapter 10: The awakening.

I left the apt at 12:15 and met Chuck in La Buena Mesa.  We decided on Tepito for Mexican food.  There was a short shower while we were eating.  We each had enchiladas and a juice for 20,600 ($7) including tax and tip.  We talked briefly with a couple girls from Australia that were sitting a couple tables away.

From there we moved to the bakery where we had coffee and an oatmeal cookie.

Chuck asked me to go with him to see about his visa – which is better for him, a marriage visa or a retirement visa?

We took a taxi to the Vivavienda Bank building and went up to local 808 to the Expat Group office.  I walked inside and right away thought I recognized the girl sitting there.  It turned out she helped me with my visas at Inter-Col.  I got their business card and her name is Vanessa Vivas.

After talking for a few minutes it appears the marriage visa will work better for Chuck but she’s going to email him some more information.  He made an appointment for next Thursday at 10am when he’ll return with Darnelly and his documents.

It was raining lightly as we exited the building.  We took a taxi back to Envigado and I got off at Doble Pizza.  As I got out I said, in Spanish, “The man in back is rich and he’s going to pay”.   LOL
By then it was raining pretty hard but I had my umbrella out and I walked down the hill to the apt arriving about 3pm.
I watched Chapter 11: Premature attackulation.

For dinner we ordered the chicken wings combo from Go Wings for 34mil.

I talked to my son Jim tonight and learned that he will probably be visiting us, with a couple of his buddies Sean (sp?) and Jeff, around the 4th of July.  He’s also ahead of schedule on his Master’s degree and should graduate in August or September.

4,406 steps today.

Joke of the day
A mother was driving a little girl to her friend's house for a play date.
"Mommy?" the little girl asked. "How old are you?"
"Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age," the mother replied. "It's not polite.."
"Okay", the little girl said. "How much do you weigh?"
"Now really!" the mother said. "Those are personal questions and are none of your business."
Undaunted, the little girl asked, "Why did you and daddy get a divorce?"
"That's enough questions, young lady. Honestly!"
The exasperated mother walked away as the two friends began to play.
"My mom won't tell me anything about herself," the little girl said to her friend.
"Well," said the friend, "all you need to do is look at her driver's license. It's like a report card, it has everything on it."
Later that night the little girl said to her mother, "I know how old you are. You're 32."
The mother was surprised and asked, "How did you find that out?"
"I also know that you weigh 140 pounds."
The mother was past surprised. She was shocked.
"How in heaven's name did you find that out?"
"And," the little girl said triumphantly, "I know why you and daddy got a divorce!"
"Really?" the mother asked. "Why?"
"Because you got an F in sex."

No comments:

Post a Comment