Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Tuesday, May 14, 2019


Teresa woke me up at 5:30.  I swallowed half an Excedrin Migraine and my muscle relaxant pill and took my shower.  I quickly (“ha ha”, inside joke) dressed and we walked up to La Buena Mesa before catching a taxi.

Near downtown Envigado the taxi driver is supposed to make 3 consecutive right hand turns in order to make a left turn but Teresa wasn’t paying attention and the driver drove past the first street.  
That took us quite a while out of our way.  When we got to the clinic and I connected with Teresa’s wifi I told her that if she can’t remember to tell the driver when to turn then don’t get upset when I tell him.

After paying my 3,200 pesos I had the same doctor as last time, Clare, who speaks good English.  She says my cholesterol looks good but I should keep taking my Atorvastatina medicine.  She checked my weight, my blood pressure and my heart and said everything looks good.

We walked over to Carbon de Leña where we had a nice breakfast for 18,900 pesos ($6).  Teresa left to take a bus to downtown Medellin where she will wait in line for 3-5 hours for her monthly cancer medication.  Then she will meet up with an old friend, Luz Maria, for lunch in the Envigado mall then they will stay for some time to chat.  I’ll call her when I am available to see if they are still there.

I walked over to the new Banco Caja Social where I was next in line at the ATM.  I saw Charles walking by so I corraled him and we chatted a bit.  He was on his way to breakfast so I didn’t keep him long.  I made a withdrawal then went to Cotrafa where I paid the Une and Eps bills for the month.

I caught a bus back to the apt arriving at 8:30.

I left the apt at 10:45 and a metro bus went by as I was approaching the corner.  Another arrived in 10 minutes and I took the metro to the Exposiciones station.  From there I took a taxi for the minimum fare of 5,500 pesso to Unicentro mall.  I had to wait 10 minutes for the restaurants to open and picked up some food from Sr. Wok.
Rory arrived just as I was finishing.  We played 3 games and he played much better this time but I still won all 3 games we played.  A cute 40ish female security guard came by several times to check out the action.  Rory informed me he quit his volunteer job teaching English here and is only going to be here for another 2 weeks.  He’s going to meet his parents in Italy and then he’s going to stay there for awhile to teach English.

I took a taxi back to the Exposiciones station and tipped the driver 3,000 pesos because he had the air conditioning turned on.  I actually got a seat on the metro.  I got off at the Envigado station and walked to the mall.  First I printed out some information from my chess lessons and then met the ladies upstairs at the café.  Teresa told me she only had to wait 2 hours for her monthly medication.  They chatted for some time and when my cellphone battery died I returned to the apt.  I laid down for a little while, washed my face and returned to the mall a little over an hour later.
We took a taxi to Antica Pizza and, for a change, it wasn’t busy.  Jose, the owner of Mr. Kutz, came in with a female friend and he had pasta.  For a change, I ordered my usual vegetable pizza but added bacon but only had a bottle of water.  We all enjoyed our pizza and then took a taxi to Avenida Las Vegas.  Luz Maria got out at the light and I understood she was going to take the metro back to her apt in Laureles.

Tonight as usual I laid down for about 30 minutes reading my book.  When it came time to sit up I was happy to find that I didn’t feel any back weakness at all so that’s an encouraging sign.

10,516 steps today.

Joke of the day
Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a terrible compulsion. 
He had an urge to stick his penis into the pickle slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about it, but Bill indicated that he'd be too embarrassed. 
He vowed to overcome the compulsion on his own. One day a few weeks later, Bill came home absolutely ashen. His wife could see at once that something was seriously wrong. 
"What's wrong, Bill?" she asked. 
"Do you remember that I told you how I had this tremendous urge to put my… umm… member into the pickle slicer?" 
"Oh, Bill, you didn't." 
"Yes, I did." 
"My God, Bill, what happened?" 
"I got fired." 
"No, Bill. I mean, what happened with the pickle slicer?" 
"Oh - she got fired too."

No comments:

Post a Comment