Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Monday, May 13, 2019


Well, it was kind of a strange night.  I know I woke up several times, once when Teresa was snoring softly but all I have to is change my position and she shuts up.  I got up at 6:30 and strangely don’t feel tired although I’m pretty sure I’m going to need a nap later.

Teresa left at 7:45 for her 8am class.  Afterward she has to stop at nueva eps for her blood test results.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  Today there was no wifi let alone internet.  I recognized a young man, who speaks a little English, from the Envigado Park Smartfit location.  I think his name is something like Vidmar which sounds more German to me than Colombian.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.

I watched Chapter 6: The ideas behind the French Defense and Chapter 7: Typical attacks, tactics and plans in the French.  The information is getting to be real helpful although it will take some time to go over and master the material.

Tomorrow I have a 7:20 doctor’s appointment to go over my cholesterol results.

Just before 9pm it started raining.  Teresa commented that it will probably rain all night.

7,198 steps today.

Joke of the day
A Mexican teen came up to the Mexican border riding his bicycle and carrying two large bags on his shoulders. The border patrol officer stopped him and said, “What’s in the bags?”
“Sand,” he answered.
The officer said, “We’ll just see about that."
He took the bags and tore them apart. He emptied them out but found nothing in them except sand. He detained the teen overnight and had the sand analyzed, only to discover that there was nothing but pure sand in the bags. The guard released him, put the sand into new bags, hefted them onto the lad’s shoulders, and let him cross the border.
A day later, the same thing happened. The officer asked, “What have you got?”
“Sand,” said the youngster.
The officer did a thorough examination and discovered that the bags contained nothing but sand. He gave the sand back to him, and the young man crossed the border on his bicycle.
This sequence of events was repeated every day for three years. One day, the teen didn't show. Days passed and the officer never saw him. A month later, a messenger came and handed the officer an invitation for a house warming.
When he got to the address, he saw it was a large villa with a pool, and many guests celebrating. Inside he found the teen, holding a glass of wine and enjoying his teen guests.
“Hey, Buddy,” said the officer. “It’s driving me crazy. How are you so rich when all you were carrying across the border was sand? Just between you and me, what were you smuggling?”
The youngster flashed a smile and said: "Bicycles.”

No comments:

Post a Comment