Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sunday, May 19, 2019


I woke up at 3:30, quickly fell back asleep but woke up again at 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30.  Then I couldn’t fall back asleep and I finally got up at 7:30.

We left the apt at 9:15 and after walking a block we caught a taxi to Mayorista.  I helped Teresa gather some things then I went outside for a café con leche.  After about an hour she joined me and had an oatmeal drink and a bunuelo.  We paid for the groceries and took a cash car back to the apt.

We took a nap from 2pm to 3pm.

I watched Chapter 14: Stopping your opponent’s plans.

I reminded Teresa that we are almost out of our protein powder.  It’s less expensive in Mayorca because Teresa knows a girl that works there but I was concerned that maybe she doesn’t work today.  I checked the container and it’s good for 2 years so we should buy one every time we visit Mayorca.  In the meantime we should go back to buying the easier to find Bi-Pro.

She surprised me by saying she wanted to visit El Tesoro.  She called her mother to join us but soon it started raining, although lightly.  We waited for MT in the new guardhouse waiting room and quickly caught a taxi to El Tesoro.  Before they disappeared in Zara I told them I would be having coffee in Dunkin Donuts.  They only problem is that all the chairs were taken.  I went next door to Cuzco where I had a café con leche.  Surprisingly, they reappeared after only 20 minutes.  I think Teresa returned something but didn’t find anything else she liked.

I paid for my coffee and we went next door to Crepes & Waffles.  MT just had hot tea, Teresa had chicken, broccoli, cheese and a juice and I ordered their mozarella pita pocket.  I was expecting something more like a sandwich but mine was like a cheese pizza but with a soft crust.  I also had a limonada de coco and the total bill came to 49,600 pesos ($16).

Surprisingly, there was only a short line for a taxi back to Envigado.

I watched Chapter 15: Visualization.
And that ends of the 2 volume course.  Now I want to go through the material again and outline it.

4,741 steps today.

Joke of the day
A teacher asks her class, 'If there are 5 birds sitting on a fence and you shoot one of them, how many will be left?'  
 She calls on little Johnny.
He replies, 'None, they will all fly away with the first gunshot.'
The teacher replies, 'The correct answer is 4, but I like your thinking.'
Then little Johnny says, 'I have a question for YOU.
There are 3 women sitting on a bench having ice cream:
One is delicately licking the sides of the triple scoop ice cream cone.
The second is gobbling down the top and sucking the cone.
The third is biting off the top of the ice cream.  Which one is married?'
The teacher, blushing a great deal, replied, 'Well, I suppose the one that's gobbled down the top and sucked the cone.'
 To which Little Johnny replied, 'The correct answer is 'the one with the wedding ring on,' but I like your thinking.'

No comments:

Post a Comment