Monday, May 27, 2019

Sunday, May 26, 2019


Last night I took half my Zoplicona at 10:30 and went to bed.  
Teresa wanted to keep the bedroom window partially open and for the first time in months I slept with a blanket over my sheet.

I got up at midnight to pee, again at 3am when I took the other half of my sleeping pill, again at 6am, finally getting up at 7am.

I wanted to participate in Ciclovia this morning and possibly return the book I borrowed from Oviedo but Teresa needs a couple of exercise bands for her class so we’ll be going to the mall instead.

We left the apt at 10:30 as the mall stores don't open until 11am on Sunday.  She looked around and finally found an exercise ball in Decathalon but not the exercise bands.

We had lunch at Frisby and then I left to meet Jooks in Laureles at 2pm.  I walked to the metro and got off at Aguacatala Station, walked under and up to Avenida Ochenta and quickly caught a Circular 303 bus.  I got off at Viva Laureles and walked to Laureles Parque II and then I walked around trying to find Circular 74A & Calle 39B where the restaurant was.  I wasted about 10 minutes finding it but finally arrived right at 2pm and Jooks was waiting for me.  He was drinking a cold coffee and I tried one but didn’t care for it.  Eventually I ordered an iced tea which went down much easier.

He was originally an accountant in New Jersey but just retired here at the age of 67.  We shared a lot of stories about our past lives and living in Medellin.

We finally said goodbye about 3:45 as he had to go work on his Spanish homework.  I called Teresa and she was still at the mall.  I took a taxi to Exposiciones station then the metro to Envigado.  I met her and MT upstairs at Café Arangos.  I had a cold mango juice to help me cool off and later I had a café con leche with a delicious almond croissant.  We left about 6:30 and walked MT to her apt.  As we left Teresa asked if there is any good movie we could see now.  I checked my Cine Colombia app and the next decent movie in English wasn’t until 9pm so we just returned to the apt.

Today was the first day in a long time where we had no rain which is why the high was about 83 degrees.

Well, we almost made it.  About 8:45 a downpour started.

11,249 steps today.

Joke of the day
A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.
He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.
The head monk, says, 'We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.' 
He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.  So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.
'We missed the R! We missed the R! We missed the R!!!'
His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, 'What's wrong, father?'
With a choking and tear filled voice, the Abbot screams: "The word was... the word was... CELEBRATE!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment