Sunday, May 26, 2019

Saturday, May 25, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona and went to bed.  It seems it takes me a little longer to fall asleep on a half dose.  I got up once to pee and the second time when I was back lying in bed unable to fall asleep I started questioning myself – did I take the other half of the Zopiclona?  I got up and took it and was soon back asleep and I got up at 8:15.  Teresa had already left as she needs to visit the finca.  I am on my own today for lunch.

I emailed Chuck to let me know if he was available for lunch.
I left the apt at 10am and took a bus to Envios Market where I picked up my May Chess Life and Reader’s Digest magazines, another Capitol One credit card and a couple envelopes from BSI Financial.

I stopped at Starbucks where I had my usual drink only this time hot.

I received a text invitation from Doyle, the upstairs neighbor, to meet for coffee at La Frontera but I told him I was already in Starbucks.

Chuck called me and we made plans to meet at Asados Rosegio (sp?) restaurant in La Buena Mesa at 12:30 for lunch.

I took a bus back to Envigado, returned to my apt, dropped off my mail and soon was at the restaurant.  Chuck was already there.  We had a nice lunch of juice, frijoles and chicken breast for 35mil.

We walked over to the bakery where he had an American coffee and a brownie and I had a café con leche with an almond croissant.  We were in agreement that both were delicous.

I returned to the apt just in time to miss a short rainstorm.

Teresa called me at 7:15 and asked me to meet her at her mother’s apt at 8pm to go for pizza.  She called me again at 7:30 and asked me to meet her at our porteria (guard house) instead.  I dressed and arrived there at 7:40 and she called and asked me to bring her a dry pair of shoes as hers were wet from working at the finca.  I got them from the extra bedroom, put them in a plastic bag and they were waiting for me in a taxi outside the porteria.

Probably because it was raining Antica Pizza wasn’t crowded and we got seated right away.

We had our usual pizza and drinks with tip for 50mil.

5,148 steps today.

Joke of the day
A pious man who had reached the age of 105 suddenly stopped going to church. Alarmed by the old fellow's absence after so many years of faithful attendance the priest went to see him. 
He found him in excellent health, so the priest asked, "How come after all these years we don't see you at services anymore?" 
The old man looked around and lowered his voice. "I'll tell you, Father," he whispered.
"When I got to be 90, I expected God to take me any day. But then I got to be 95, then 100, then 105. So I figured that God is very busy and must've forgotten about me."
"So?" the priest asked indignantly.
"So I don't want to remind him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment