Saturday, May 4, 2019

Friday, May 3, 2019


I slept well only getting up once at 5am, I couldn’t fall back asleep, so I finally got up at 7am.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left the apt.  I walked down to Avenida Las Vegas where I was fortunate to buy a Q’Hubo for Chuck.  This should just about be the last time as I expect them to return soon.  At the gym I gave Marcos the April Reader’s Digest I had finished.  He told me he and his wife are going to Europe this month for 2 weeks.  After they come back he said he would invite us to their place for lunch.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 20 minutes.  I picked up a Gente newspaper in the new lobby of the guard house.  It’s really shaping up.

I read that April 29th to May 5th burgers for the burger challenge are only 11mil.  I guess that, plus the holiday, brought so many people out last Wednesday.

Teresa called and asked me to meet her and MT for lunch at La Bahia.  I should take my shower right away and she’ll call when she gets there.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I really want to see.  I am NOT a fan of Seth Rogan but maybe I would see Long Shot (6.9) or maybe The Intruder (5.6) or Clare (6.8).
Locally, I want to see The House that Jack Built (6.9) and I Still See You (5.7).

Teresa called me at 12:15.  I changed clothes and left the apt.  On the way I observed a police van pull over a motorcycle with 2 young men.  I saw them getting frisked and checking their papers.  At La Bahia Teresa and MT were finishing their soup.  We had a delicous, healthy lunch for 12,000 pesos ($4) each.

Lately, for weeks or months the temperature has been a high of around 79-81 degrees.  This week has been a bit warmer (more normal) with highs between 84 and 86.

We walked to the mall where Teresa and MT were going to window shop.  I know they weren’t going to buy anything because I didn’t have my debit card with me.  I had coffee at Habia Una Vez and read for about an hour.  I returned to the apt where I studied some of my chess openings.

Teresa came back at 5pm and suggested we have dinner at Mu.  Sure!

We left the apt at 6:45 and we quickly caught a taxi to Mu for 10,500 pesos.  We had their large order of ribs to share and we had 3 extra to take home for tomorrow.  The total with ribs, fries, drinks, and tip was 90,000 pesos ($30).  We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

There is a large Toyota SUV by our elevator that parks between a wall and another car with less than 2” on either side.  Tonight I saw him park it with ease.

Teresa is supposed to go to the finca tomorrow to have an additional water tank installed but she can’t reach the guy who is supposed to go with her.  If not, she’ll schedule it for another day.

7,135 steps today.

Joke of the day
A young man wanted to get his beautiful blonde wife something nice for their first wedding anniversary.  So he decided to buy her a cell phone.  He showed her the phone and explained to her all of its features. 

Meg was excited to receive the gift and simply adored her new phone.

The next day Meg went shopping.  Her phone rang and, to her astonishment, it was her husband on the other end. 

"Hi Meg," he said, "How do you like your new phone?"

Meg replied, "I just love it!  It's so small and your voice is clear as a bell, but there's one thing I don't understand though..."

"What's that, sweetie?" asked her husband.

"How did you know I was at Walmart?"

No comments:

Post a Comment