Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Tuesday, May 21, 2019


I got up a couple times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I took my shower and had breakfast and they shut the water off about 8:20am.

Teresa left for her gym class at 8:45.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show and left the apt at 10:45.

It was a 10 minute wait for the metro bus.  I took the metro to the Exposiciones station where I took a taxi to Unicentro mall.  I was there by 11:15 and I bought a Frisburrito and a bottle of water.  Rory soon texted me that he would be a little late.

He arrived at 12:15 and we played 3 games.  I won them all but the last one he was winning but he blundered in the endgame.
I believe he leaves for Italy on May 30th so he doesn’t have a lot of opportunities left to beat me but he is playing much better.
I retraced my steps arriving back at the apt at 4pm.

Teresa got a call from JJ and she has to go to the finca.  I’m not sure if it’s about horses again but he still owes her 142mil.

I left the apt at 5:15 and met Chuck and John Heath, the Englishman, at Consumo.  We walked across the street where we caught a taxi to 20Missions Cerveza (Calle 16 #43F-66) – not far from Monterrey mall.

We arrived just before 6pm and were one of the first ones there.  We got a table for 4 and John got a free beer (for being one of the first 75 to arrive) and Chuck and I had a regular Coke.  We waited a few minutes and then Chuck and I ordered the rib special which included potato chips.  The ribs were very meaty but neither of us liked the sauce.

The place filled up (about 140 people) and we even saw Vanessa, from the agency, come in and sit with another couple.  There were even a few tables of gringas.  Chuck found the lady who is there representing insurance companies.  I talked to Jeff about the Motorrad Angels group I had read about.
Motorrad Angels is a non-profit charity traveling in Colombia and the world bringing clean water and medical assistance to those in need.
It looks like a good venture that I could support for like $10 a month.  He told me to go to the Medellin Guru website and I’ll find a link to their charity.

We left about 9:15 and we walked 3 ladies to Avenida Las Vegas to catch a taxi.  A young black lady started giving me shit in Spanish because I’ve been here 6 years and I’m still not conversant.  I quickly got the 3 of them in a taxi.

We walked to the other side of the street and caught a taxi back to Envigado.  They dropped me off just down the block from my apt and they continued on to the park.

4,846 steps today.

Joke of the day
Little Johnny goes to school, and the teacher says, 'Today we are going to learn multi-syllable words, class.  Does anybody have an example of a multi-syllable word?'
Johnny says 'Mas-tur-bate'
Miss Rogers smiles and says, 'Wow, little Johnny, that's a mouthful.'
Little Johnny says, 'No, Miss Rogers, you're thinking of a blowjob.'

No comments:

Post a Comment