Thursday, May 23, 2019

Wednesday, May 22, 2019


I was rudely awakened at 4am by a cramp in my calf.  I easily worked it out but I had great difficulty getting back to sleep.  I did notice that my back did not feel weak or sore.

I got up at 7:30 and took half an Excedrin Migraine more to clear my tired eyes then for my back.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 35 minutes.
I was back at the apt by 11:30.

Laura texted me asking if I could send Lenny a bag of Juan Valdez Colombian coffee in time for his birthday on June 1st.  I said I thought it was possible but everything from here seems to go Fed-Ex and it would probably be there in about 3 days but it would be expensive.  I said I would email Envios Market and find out.

Teresa returned about 12:30 and I learned that she is going with her friend to an exercise class nearby but not at a gym.

Teresa informed me that she has an offer from JJ to buy the finca.  He would pay 50 million pesos the first month followed by 4 million pesos a month for 5 years for a total of 290 million pesos ($90,000).

We took a nap from about 1:30 to 2:30 but neither of us really slept.

We had another rainstorm that lasted about an hour.

I left the apt at 3:15 to see John Wick at 4pm but when I double checked at Cine Colombia I saw that it was dubbed in Spanish.  My mistake.  Instead, I bought a 10,600 preferred seating ticket to the 4:15 showing of Avengers.  I made a quick visit to Juan Valdez by the entrance to Exito and took 3 photos of different types of coffee.  I texted them to Laura and she chose the Antiouqian blend.  Back at Cine Colombia I filled my bucket with salted popcorn and I had brought my thermos of cold water.  (I’m trying to cut back on my sugar water if you know what I mean.)

The only previous super hero movie I recall seeing was the first Iron Man and some of Antman on TV so I was pretty lost as to who was who and what super power they had.  I left 30 minutes early as it entered a non-stop battle as I was a little tired of it all.

Outside, even though the sidewalks were wet I had no problem walking without slipping in my new shoes.  Well, that’s one problem solved.

We start raining again after I got home and continued through most of the night.

7,881 steps today.

Joke of the day
One day, during lessons on proper grammar, the teacher asked for a show of hands from those who could use the word 'beautiful' in the same sentence twice.
First, she called on little Suzie, who responded with, 'My father bought my mother a beautiful dress and she looked beautiful in it.'
'Very good, Suzie,' replied the teacher. She then called on little Michael.
'My mummy planned a beautiful banquet and it turned out beautifully.'
She said, 'Excellent, Michael!' Then the teacher reluctantly called on little Johnny.
'Last night at the dinner table, my sister told my father that she was pregnant, and he said 'Beautiful, just fucking beautiful!''

No comments:

Post a Comment