Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Monday, May 20, 2019


I got up twice during the night but otherwise I think I slept well, waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:15.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then Teresa and I left for the gym.  At the Smartfit front desk all I understood was “tomorrow” but they let her in.  She went up to the 2nd floor where Juan Carlos said there would be a class in 10 minutes.  He also said the power in the building would be out from 10am to 2pm.

I went back downstairs and started my exercise routine.  Teresa came by with another lady and informed me they are going to another exercise class in a gym nearby – probably Body Tech.  After about half an hour all the lights went out and the emergency lights came on.  (I think it’s probably because they are working on the elevator today.)  Surprisingly, the power came back on about 20 minutes later and more surprisingly I got an internet connection.  I finished all my exercises in 95 minutes.

Teresa returned to the apt about 12:30.  She says a guy is supposed to come after 1pm today to check for gas leaks.  Uh-oh!  I hope everything checks out today and I hope he comes early so we can make a trip to Mayorca for another container of protein powder.

About 1pm we heard a very loud peal of thunder.  They have some incredibly loud lightning strikes here.  About 10 minutes later Teresa got a call and informed me that the gas guy isn’t coming today.

Teresa took a nap from 2:15 to 2:45.

We left the apt at 3pm and Teresa called for a taxi to take us to Mayorca mall.  We went right up to Nitro Fit as I remembered exactly where it was.  Her friend was there and I think Teresa complained that what we bought was good but she thought it was too sweet.  This time we bought a 5# container of Iso-100 for 245mil ($77).  Supposedly it contains 76 servings so hopefully it will last us a couple months.

Teresa checked out a couple stores – Nike, Adidas – looking for a t-shirt for the gym.

She finally gave up and we went upstairs where we just hung out while I had a café con leche.

We noticed it was raining pretty hard.

Teresa then said she wanted ice cream so we went into Crepes & Waffles where she had a cup of something called Alicante and I had a banana split for a total of 20,300 ($6.50).

We went back downstairs where Teresa spent at least an hour trying on shoes in Pro Champions.  How do I like this pair?  How do I like this pair?  How do I like this pairn?  Then she would try them on and ask me again.  Why, what changed?  She would then ask me if they look like they fit her well.  How would I know?  My cellphone battery was down to 15% so I turned it off.

She then started looking at t-shirts.  At least she went in back and tried a couple on instead of just buying them and returning them later.

I had been delaying purchasing a new pair of gym shoes.  The previous 2 pairs I mistakenly bought with no tread and were very slippery.  Finally, I asked the salesman for a pair in 9½, they fit well and had tread on them so I bought them.  That took 5 minutes.
We ended up leaving with my shoes for 259,950 ($78.50) and she didn’t buy anything.  Women!

Outside we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado.  There was a fender bender outside the mall where Wilson’t bar is and the police had Avenida Las Vegas blocked off.  I paid the taxi driver and we walked the rest of the way to the apt.  At least the rain had stopped.
We ran into a security guard outside our apt who informed us that the water will be off between 8 and 9am tomorrow.

9,472 steps today.

Joke of the day
Little Johnny returns from school and says he got an F in arithmetic.
'Why?' asks the father?
 'The teacher asked 'How much is 2x3?’ and I said '6'’, replies Johnny.
 'But that's right!' says his dad.
'Yeah, but then she asked me 'How much is 3x2?'’
'What's the fucking difference?' asks the father.
'That's what I said!'

No comments:

Post a Comment