Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Monday, May 6, 2019


Teresa and I agreed to leave the fan on all night so she won’t be getting up and turning it off.  Besides cooling it helps to mask other sounds like the car alarms and the Coke truck pulling up next door to Exito.

I got up once about 4am, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa made me a quick breakfast and then left for her gym class.

I read that as of January 14, 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 so I may have my brother bring me a new computer next February when he comes for his annual visit.

Jerry messaged me with an invite for lunch today at a Thai restaurant.  That should be interesting.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.  Today I added 15# to 1 of my exercises, 5# to 7 others and increased my treadmill speed from 5.7 to 5.8.

I left the apt at 12:20 and met Jerry at the bakery at 12:30.  He bought 10 bagels to go and I bought 2 English muffins to go for 2,600 pesos (less than $1).  We walked about 6 blocks away to a Vietnamese restaurant he wanted to introduce me to but it was closed Mondays & Tuesdays.  We walked 4 blocks to Go Wings which we found open.  He ordered the Alitas Combo #1 that I usually have delivered and today I ordered the ½ slab of ribs which were very good and literally fell off the bone.  He picked up the tab but only with the agreement that I would pay for the Vietnamese restaurant when we go there.

He had to leave right away for EAFIT for his swim time so I was back at the apt by 1:45.

I think there are new renters in the apartment directly across the street.  They are very open and today it looks like they are running a beauty shop with women sitting out on the patio getting manicures and pedicures and their hair done.

Teresa came back at 4:45.

I watched Chapter 15 – Have fun.

I confirmed with Jose that we will be playing tomorrow at the chess league starting at 10am so he can help me enroll in next week’s chess tournament.

The “beauty salon” across the street finally “closed” at 8pm.

For dinner I just had an apple with peanut butter.  I’ve almost finished the bottle of Planters Peanut Butter that my son brought me last year.  I’ll probably find another at Pricesmart, Euro, or Exito.

5,898 steps today.

Joke of the day
The madam opened the brothel door to see a rather dignified, well-dressed good looking man in his late 40s or early 50s. 
"Can I help you?" she asked. 
"I want to see Natalie," the man replied. 
"Sir, Natalie is one of our most expensive ladies. Perhaps you would prefer someone else," said the madam. 
"No, I must see Natalie" was the man's reply. 
Just then, Natalie appeared and announced to the man that she charged $1,000 a visit. Without hesitation, the man pulled out ten one-hundred dollar bills and gave them to Natalie and they went upstairs. After an hour, the man calmly left. 
The next night the same man appeared again, demanding to see Natalie. Natalie explained that no one had ever come back two nights in a row-too expensive -- and there were no discounts. The price was still $1,000. Again the man pulled out the money, gave it to Natalie and they went upstairs. After an hour, he left. 
The following night the man was there again. Everyone was astounded that he had come for the third consecutive night, but he paid Natalie and they went upstairs. After their session, Natalie questioned the man. 
"No one has ever used me three nights in a row. Where are you from?" she asked. 
The man replied, "South Carolina." 
"Really?" she said. "I have family in South Carolina." 
"I know," the man said. "Your father died and I am your sister's attorney. She asked me to give you your $3,000 inheritance."

5 comments:

  1. BINGO! Joke no. 5 that I never had heard. LOL, thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! A joke I've heard a couple of times from different sources. Let's go for no 6, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Sure . . . I'll be watching for number 6!

    "Remember, no joke is old if the person you're telling it to has never heard it"
    –Milton Berle

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete