Friday, May 31, 2019

Thursday, May 30, 2019


Last night I took my Zopiclona as before, got up 3 times during the night finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

Teresa wants to visit the finca today but first she needs to reach the “muchacho” Julian but he isn’t answering his phone.

Yesterday I contributed $100 to Motorrad Angels.  See the post I made before this one for further information.  The post was with the express approval of Jeff from Medellin Guru which is where I first heard of it.  I hope some of my readers will also think this is a good cause and will contribute.  Soon I plan on giving them a continuous $10 monthly contribution.

To contribute, go to MedellinGuru.com, do a search on Motorrad Angels (don’t forget to press enter), and at the bottom of the article you will have the opportunity to make a contribution – one time or monthly.

I wanted to watch the Today show at 9am but apparently we’re not getting a satellite connection for that channel.

Today is another cool overcast day.  It’s only 68 degrees at 10am and very overcast with an expected high of 76 degrees.  At 10:15 it started sprinkling.

Teresa said she wanted to go to Pricesmart after I come back home from meeting Chuck for lunch.  One thing she wants to do is exchange the cans of tuna she bought last month for another kind.  I told her to put them by the door so she wouldn’t forget but she only put them on a table that’s near the door.

I left the apt just after noon and Chuck was waiting for me at the entrance to the mall at 12:25.

We took an elevator up to the 3rd floor and walked briefly around the restaurant area.  We finally settled on Leños & Carbon for lunch and got seats at their circular counter.  We ordered different mixed combos and a coconut lemonade.  We chatted for awhile and after about 30 minutes we wondered where our food was.  Chuck complained to our waitress and she said “momentico” and a couple minutes later apologized and gave us a free plate of paticon with avocado.  I told her I didn’t need more food than what I had already ordered.  Neither of us touched it and 10 minutes later I noticed that 2 separate parties that came after us already had their food.  We got up and I offered 20 mil for our drinks which was rejected by our waitress.  We left and went into the food court where we quickly got Chinese food at Sr. Wok.  After finishing our food we first went to an ATM so I could make a withdrawal.  Then we took an elevator up one level where we found 2 mattress stores.  I went inside the first and they had a 2”-3” memory foam mattress “cover” for about $200.  In the second store named Rambler I got a price of about $800 for a queen sized memory foam mattress.  Wow, those things are pricey!

We went to Café Arangos where we each had coffee and a slice of carrot cake.  I had an extra coffee and the total came to 25,200 ($8).
We walked to the entrance of the mall and said goodbye.

I was back at the apt just before 4pm.

Teresa and I left at 4:45 and took a taxi to Pricesmart.  I picked up a large jar of Planters Crunchy Peanut Butter, a bag of imported oranges, and a small container of Canadian maple syrup.  Again Teresa forgot to bring the cans of tuna but she found some other things.

We only had a 5 minute wait for a taxi back to the apt.  On our ride back Teresa shocked me when she said she wanted to go to McDonald’s tonight for a burger.  After further discussion I learned she wants to try a fish sandwich.

We left the apt at 7:15 and walked down the hill to McDonald’s.  It was busier than I expected and there was also a line of cars outside for takeout orders.  We discovered they don’t have fish burgers but they do have chicken burgers but Teresa ordered 2 pieces of fried chicken and I had a McBurger and a small Coke.

We went into a side room and right away, when moving the cup to Teresa, I hit the side of the tray and spilled her Coke.  We shared mine, I enjoyed my burger and she was okay with her chicken after she stripped off all the skin.

Back at the apt I talked to my daughter Jeannie who is moving tomorrow to downtown Chicago, walking distance from her job.  I finally convinced her to come for a visit – she said after she gets settled down in her new place – physically and financially.

9,029 steps today.

Joke of the day
Walter and Linda were a middle aged couple blessed with two beautiful daughters.
Although they felt incredibly lucky for having their girls, Walter and Linda always yearned for a boy.
They began trying for another baby, and it wasn’t long before Linda became pregnant.
Nine months later, they welcomed a baby boy into the world.
Walter was at work when his wife was rushed to hospital, so he got there as quickly as he could. 
To his horror, his son was absolutely hideous, especially when considering how beautiful his daughters were.
“How can I possibly be the father of that ugly baby?” he exclaimed to his wife. “It’s just not possible that I fathered him after we had those two beautiful girls.”
Linda blushed, which made him suspicious. “Have you been fooling around behind my back?” he asked.
“Not this time, honey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment