Saturday, June 1, 2019

Friday, May 31, 2019


Last night I took a (full) Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30.  I got up at midnight and again at 2:30 when I took another half.  I got up once more about 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

This morning my back felt even better; I would say I’m about 90% back to normal.  Hopefully, one more treatment will be enough.
I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 35 minutes.

At 12:30, back at the apt, I heard some thunder nearby.  I stepped out on the balcony and it was raining but it only lasted for about 30 minutes.

On Expat Exchange someone mentioned a Facebook group called ExPats in Colombia.  I went to add it as a group and first they wanted me to answer the question “Why do I want to join?”  I started to type something then I thought about it and decided “Yes, why do I?”  I decided to stick with the more specific group - Medellin Expats - so I backed out of completing the request.  A few minutes later I got a Facebook message “Welcome to ExPats in Colombia”.  It must be very exclusive!   LOL.

I left the apt at 2:45 and arrived at the Chiropractor’s office 10 minutes early.  There was no one in the waiting room when I arrived and I was taken at my appointed time.  This time the doctor “cracked” my neck but luckily only in one direction.  (He’s probably saving the other direction for next time.  I hope I didn’t say “shit” when he did it because I know I yelled something.)  I mentioned to him that Chuck said Bordelon is a common name in New Orleans.  He said it used to take up 7 pages in the telephone directory.  He mentioned that one of his English speaking assistants is returning to Venezuela this weekend.  That’s the first time I’ve heard of someone going in the opposite direction.  I told him about the memory foam mattress for $800 and he thought that was a good price for Colombia.  He said I need another treatment so, since Monday is a holiday here, I made my next appointment for Wednesday at 3:20pm.

I walked to Envios Market where I paid 39mil for the June rent and picked up an envelope – another Capital One credit card offer.  I see there is a number I can call to Opt Out of receiving future offers like this.  I had to call them twice because at first I didn’t have the information handy that they were looking for but now they appear to have accepted it.

I finally remembered that I forgot to renew my Civica card for Encicla.  I'll have to make a trip there soon.

Outside I caught a Sabaneta bus that crawled through the gold mile as usual but afterwards, where it usually picks up speed, it still crawled for awhile.

I returned to the apt by 5:15.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Rocketman (7.7).  Locally, I would like to see Rocketman, A Dog’s Journey (7.3), and John Wick (8.1).  Teresa isn’t interested in A Dog’s Journey so I might see that on my own sometime.

I had to show Teresa the John Wick trailer again but then she told me she wants to see the 9:30 showing tonight in the mall, and she with an 8:45am doctor’s appointment tomorrow.

But it was all for naught as a heavy rain kept us inside all night.
It got cold enough that I changed into my warmup suit and when I went to bed I added a blanket to my sheet.

7,004 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched with horror as her ball headed directly towards a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of them and he immediately fell to the ground clutching his hands together to his groin, rolling around in obvious agony.
The woman rushed over and immediately began to apologize. "Please allow me to help, I'm a physiotherapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'll allow me" she told him.
"Oh no I'll be all right, I'll be fine in a few minutes" the man grunted, still lying in a fetal position, still clasping his hands at his groin.
"Don't be silly, Let me help!" she told him and, following her persistence, he finally allowed her to help. She gently took his hands away and laid them at his side, she loosened his trousers and put her hand inside.  She administered tender and skillful massage for several long moments and then asked "How does that feel?"
He replied, "It feels terrific, but my thumb still hurts like hell."

2 comments:

  1. Terry,

    Sounds like FB skimmed your info even though you decided not to go thru the joining process. (FB skimmed my info once when I just accidentally visited a page on FB w/o realizing it. And even tho I backed out of the page after only about 6 seconds before it had even finished loading FB sent me invites to join for nearly a month afterward. I now steer clear of FB.)

    Just FWIW . . .
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to join Facebook. I still am often tempted to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete