Saturday, June 22, 2019

Friday, June 21, 2019


Today is the first day of summer! – at least in the northern hemisphere.

Last night I took my Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:45.  I was wondering if my injection contained caffeine (lol) as it took a little while to fall asleep.  I woke up at 3:45 and soon I heard Teresa snoring softly.  Usually just changing my position and she stops but this time I had to wake her and then she changed her position and was quiet.  Experts say that if you don’t fall back asleep to get up for awhile.  I got up at 4:15 and read my Nook for 45 minutes.  
Back in bed I quickly fell back asleep.  I briefly woke up about 6am when Teresa got up but fell back asleep.  Finally I woke/got up at 7:30 due to a refrigeration truck parked in the street right below our window.  I figure I got 6-7 hours sleep in total.

My back was feeling much better this morning.  Yay!  We’ll see how long that lasts.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I gave Marcos my already read May Reader’s Digest.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and 40 minutes.

When I returned to the complex I picked up a free copy of Gente newspaper.

According to my Accuweather app the high yesterday was 84 degrees and they are predicting 86 for today.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Anna (6.8), Burn Your Maps (7.3), and Round of Your Life (4.5).  I think Teresa might be interested in seeing Child’s Play (6.7).
Locally, we only have Greta (6.0) but this week it’s only available dubbed in Spanish.

Teresa called and made an appointment for me for next Friday for what appears to be a spinal x-ray at 11:40am in the neuve eps clinic in Estadio.

I was planning on going to the mall for coffee but other things soon got in the way.

A couple times in the last few days we’ve noticed a message at the bottom of the TV screen about paying our Direct TV bill.  The last bill I received from them was in March and I’ve been paying the same amount every month since.  Teresa called and reported (I’m not aware that she actually talked to anyone) that I have to pay another 61mil or they will cut off our service tomorrow.  She suggested we switch to Claro TV and I said if they cut us off tomorrow without a bill or other notice let’s go ahead and do that.

We received a package from Laura.  She sent me a Chicago baseball cap and a t-shirt in my size that read “Great Dads get promoted to Grandpas”.  I asked her if she was trying to tell me that she’s pregnant.  Obviously she didn’t quite understand the significance of the words on the t-shirt.  And my kids are 30ish and aren’t even married yet.  She also sent Teresa a pair of quick drying water shoes.  From talking to her and investigating the box I learned that the zipcode is 055420 and Laura ordered it from Amazon and it only took 12 days to arrive.

For dinner we decided we would pick up food from Mu but the call resulted in the number being out of service.

We ended up having a dozen chicken wings and 2 small sodas delivered from Go Wings for 33,900 pesos.  They even split the order into separate boxes because Teresa wants mustard sauce and I prefer BBQ.

There was a large group (a dozen) of ladies across the street having a party (kind of like poker night).  At 10:30 a mariachi band started playing in the porteria across the street.  By 11:15 when we went to bed the mariachis were gone but the ladies were still going at it.

5,212 steps today.

Joke of the day
A jumbo jet is on its final approach coming in to Toronto Airport. The pilot comes on the intercom. 
"This is your Captain speaking. We're on our final descent into Toronto. I want to thank you for flying with us today and I hope you enjoy your stay in Toronto". 
He forgot to switch off the intercom. Now the whole plane can hear his conversation from the cockpit. The co-pilot says to the pilot, "Well, skipper, what are you gonna do in Toronto?" 
"Well," says the skipper, "first I'm gonna check into the hotel and take a big crap ... then I'm gonna take that new stewardess with the huge tits out for dinner..... then I'm gonna wine and dine her, take her back to my room and give it to her big-time all night." 
Everyone on the plane hears this and immediately begins looking up and down the aisle trying to get a look at the new stewardess. Meanwhile the new stewardess is at the very back of the plane. She's so embarrassed that she starts to run to try and get to the cockpit to turn the intercom off.
Halfway down the aisle, she trips over an old lady's bag and down she goes.
The old lady leans over and says: "No need to hurry, dear. He's gotta use the bathroom first." 


No comments:

Post a Comment