Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Monday, June 24, 2019


Last night we got a little rain starting at 10:30.  I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 7am and got up at 7:30.

Today is another holiday – Corpus Christi.

The TV still works.

I took a quick cold shower then I had to go next door to pick up a few things like milk and eggs.  My back still felt sore even after taking half an Excedrin.  It was a slow walk back and forth.

Teresa doesn’t want me to go to the gym today because, 1) it’s a holiday and she doesn’t have a gym class, 2) she wants to go the mall after breakfast and buy more skin cream, 3) she wants me to wait until after I’ve had my x-ray.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall.  When I say there was no traffic today I mean there would be 1 car in sight at a time.  Obviously most people got out of town, unless they are sleeping in.
At the mall I bought some skin cream for Teresa at Medipiel for 137mil, had a page printed at Auros, bought 2 “D” Energizer batteries at Home Center for 20,900 ($6) then went upstairs to Café Arangos.  I had a café con leche while going over some chess notes.

I left at 10:45 and was back at the apt by 11am to watch the US Women’s match against Spain.

I received an email response from Bear Mattress; they currently only ship to the US and Canada.

I watched the US Women’s team beat Spain 2-1.

I changed the ‘D’ batteries in our on-demand heater and we’ve got hot water again.  Interestingly, we just changed them last February.  They weren’t cheap batteries either, they were Energizer then also.  What, I have to change the batteries every 4 months?  I guess we’ll find out in October or so.

Teresa asked me about seeing a movie.  Greta is playing at Los Molinos at 6:05pm, the only location where it’s in English with Spanish subtitles.

MT came over and we left the apt at 4:30pm.  At Los Molinos I bought our preferred tickets for 13,500 each and we still had an hour to kill before the movie.  The theater appears to have grown.  They have a DinaMix theater and 2 additional theaters upstairs and it was very busy.  We went to the food court to get something to eat but I had neglected to bring much extra cash with me.  Teresa wanted a sandwich from Subway but they only had Q’Hubo which to me is basically the same thing – hot sandwiches.  We got ice cream from Mimos then I got in line and bought a small popcorn and we went into the the theater.  It was pretty cool so we were happy we brought our jackets.  We all thought Greta aka La Viuda (6.0) was very good with some surprises.

Back outside it was only misting but it was obvious we had gotten some serious rain.  We quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado.

7,788 steps today.

Joke of the day
A trucker came into a truck stop café and placed his order.  “I want 3 flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.”
The brand new waitress, not wanting to appear inexperienced, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, “This guy out there just ordered 3 flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.  What does he think this place is…an auto parts store?”
“No,” the cook said, “Three flat tires means three pancakes, a pair of headlights is two eggs sunny side up, and running boards are two slices of crisp bacon.”
“Oh, ok!” said the young girl.  She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer.
The trucker asked, “What are the beans for, Blondie?”
She replied, “I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires, the headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment