Saturday, June 29, 2019

Friday, June 28, 2019


Last night I got up once at 3:30, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 6:45.
For breakfast I had scrambled eggs and a few crackers; no coffee.  This is in preparation for my x-ray tomorrow morning.

We left the apt at 8:45 and took a taxi to Dr. Sierra’s office next to El Tesoro mall.  Teresa got a number of shots (botox?) in her face and forehead.  I inquired as to how to get rid of the creases on each side of my nose and was told only a face lift would do at a cost of 14 to 15 million pesos.  Well, that ain’t going to happen.  When it came time to pay the 640,000 pesos for Teresa their scanning machine wasn’t working so I had to leave Teresa as ransom while I went to the mall to get cash.  There was only one person ahead of me at the nearest ATM – Colpatria, but when it was my turn it said it wouldn’t accept my card.  I walked to a BBVA ATM and it said it could only give me 300mil.  I walked to another location and 2 ATMs were out of order.  Finally, I ended up withdrawing 600mil from Banco de Bogota for a fee of 13,200.  I returned to the office 25 minutes later and paid Teresa’s bail.  Lol.

We took a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa made me chicken soup for lunch which I had with a package of crackers.

Teresa left for her 1:20 doctor’s appointment.

Starting at 2pm I watched the US Women’s National Team defeat a tough French team 2-1.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Annabelle Comes Home (6.7), and DEFINITELY Yesterday (6.8).
Locally, Annabelle Comes Home (6.7) is playing at Viva Envigado at 6:45pm.

It’s a Friday night and the sidewalks are empty as Colombia plays against Chile at 6pm.  At halftime it was 0-0 and I saw a few people outside, most walking their dogs.  The final was another 0-0 tie although Chile scored 2 goals, one cancelled because of off-sides and the other from a handball.

I had more chicken rice soup with water for dinner.  Tomorrow I can’t have anything to eat or drink until after my test.

I’m glad I didn’t change the channel right away as they went to penalty kicks but then Chile won 5-4.

5,021 steps today.

Joke of the day
A farmer ordered a hi-tech milking machine. Since the equipment arrived when his wife was out of town, he decided to test it on himself first.
So, he inserted his 'manhood' into the equipment, turned on the switch, and everything else was automatic.
Soon, he found that the equipment provided him with much more pleasure than his wife did.
When the fun was over, though, he quickly realized that he couldn't remove the instrument from his 'member'.
He read the manual but didn't find any useful information on how to disengage himself. He tried every button on the instrument, but still without success.
Finally, he decided to call the supplier's Customer Service hot line with his cell phone (thank God for cell phones!).
"Hello, I just bought a milking machine from your company. It works fantastic, but how do I remove it from the cow's udder?"
"Don't worry," replied the customer service rep.
"The machine will release automatically once it's collected two gallons. Have a nice day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment