Friday, June 28, 2019

Thursday, June 27, 2019


Last night I got up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 6:50am.

We still have Direct TV.

I was going to get a haircut this morning but Teresa wanted to go buy vegetables at Mayorista.  I had breakfast, showered and got dressed.  She said she wanted to get lunch ready first so I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show.  I then took a nap and got up at 11:30 and she informed me that she had cancelled her desire to go to Mayorista today.

After lunch I finally changed into more comfortable clothes.

My brother sent me a photo of him with Laura.  He stopped by on his way to visit his friends Joe and Cathi in Buffalo.

Direct TV called and Teresa threatened to cancel their service.  I understand the rep is giving us a little discount.  We had been paying 187,400 and July it will be 184mil then August thru October it will be only 151mil then November and December 185,700.  
Next year there will be an increase to approximately 193mil.  We should start receiving a monthly bill starting in August.  Yes, that still leaves several questions but most important is the cost is lower now and I know how much I am to pay in future months.

We left the apt at 5:30 and we picked up a bill at the guardhouse.  
We took a taxi to El Pastelito in Envigado.  Teresa went into the beauty shop across the street and I went into the bakery and asked for a cafĂ© con leche.  They said they didn’t have any.  Incredible!  I walked to the nature store where I bought a bottle of Omega 3 capsules for 24,400.  On my way to the park I ran into Jose from the gym and a friend Andres.  They said they were on their way to Tostao for coffee so I invited myself along.  I paid for coffee and pastries and we chatted a bit.

They headed to a grocery store and I headed to the park.

On a street corner there is a vendor selling fresh popcorn that always seems to have a line and it appears the sugar popcorn is more popular than the salted popcorn.

At Bartolos I ordered a bottle of water and played a game of chess on my cellphone.

Chuck soon arrived and we exchanged news about our personal lives.

Teresa called me and I met her at La Casita Parilla where we had the chicken breast and a juice for her for 25mil ($8).

We walked back to the apt and I watched the last hour and 15 minutes of the Democratic debate.

6,185 steps today.

Joke of the day
As part of his physical exam, an 85-year old man’s doctor wanted to assess his sperm count.  So, the doctor gave the old man a jar and said, “Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample tomorrow.”
The next day the 85-year old man reappeared at the doctor’s office and gave her the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.
The doctor asked what happened, and the man explained: “Well, doc, it’s like this.  First, I tried with my right hand, but nothing.  Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing.  Then I asked my wife for help.  She tried with her right hand, then with her left, but nothing.  She tried with her mouth, first with her teeth in, then with her teeth out, but still nothing.  We even called up Arlene, the lady next door, and she tried too.  First with both hands, then with an armpit, and she even tried squeezing it between her knees, but still nothing. 
The doctor was shocked. “You asked your neighbor?”
The old man replied, “Yep.  None of us could get the jar open.”

No comments:

Post a Comment