Sunday, June 9, 2019

Saturday, June 8, 2019


Last night I took my full Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up at 2:30, again at 5:45, finally getting back to sleep and waking/getting up at 8am.  I think I see a pattern there – I’m sleeping for only 3 ½ hours at a time.

Thankfully, Teresa so far has had no problem sleeping while wearing her mouthguard.

While Teresa was watching some video on her cellphone I placed the gas letter in front of her as a reminder.  I told her I don’t want to shower in cold water.  She got on the phone, I confirmed that we had hot water in the kitchen sink then I took my shower.  When I came out she told me everything is okay.

If she reaches whoever she needs on the cellphone then she will go to the finca and I will go see the movie Red Joan (6.0) at Vizcaya.

I got a text message from Doyle inviting me to go to Mayorca with him for coffee.  I told him I’m not sure what Teresa has planned for me today.

I watched lessons 30-51 of Simon Williams’ The Killer Dutch DVD.

Chuck called as he’s afraid that the muchacho that he gives his old cellphone to will have his personal info on the cellphone.  After some discussion I told him the easiest thing is to just buy a cheap phone for 200mil or so and Chuck won’t have to worry about that.

Teresa informed me that she wants to go to Mayorca but later like late afternoon.

I tried, but failed, to take a nap from 2pm to 4pm so I just ended up resting.

When I got up Teresa informed me that a woman that lives further up the hill is interested in renting the finca for 1 million pesos.  She’s a veterinarian and is looking for a place to keep her dogs.

Teresa also said she’s no longer interested in going to Mayorca because there will be too many people there.  Sigh!  She did say she would like to go with her mother to the store outside the church for arepas con chocolo.  I said I would probably go with them.

MT came over about 5:30 and we walked to a tienda across from the church called Do Sabores (sic).  We each had an arepa con chocolo and a drink for 22,500 pesos ($7).  Teresa asked if I wanted any more food tonight and I said yes.  The only problem is I only had 80mil in cash as I didn’t bring my debit card.  I suggested we go to La Doctora and after we order I could walk the couple of blocks back to the apt to pick up my debit card.  She thought that was too much food so we ended up going to the pizza place again.

Glenn (aka Jooks) texted me that he found an apt in Sabaneta for 1,250,000 pesos (about $400).  Only problem is it’s a 6 month contract but it will give him time to decide if he wants to stay in that area.

2,863 steps today.

Joke of the day
One night a man walks into a bar. He goes up to the cheerful looking bartender and asks for his favorite premium beer.
"Certainly, sir. That'll be 1 cent." 
"One single penny?!" exclaimed the man.
The barman replied, "Yes, sir. Just one penny." 
As he takes the glass of delicious beer and takes a satisfying gulp, the guy glances over at the menu and asks, "Could I have a nice juicy T-bone steak, with fries, peas, and a salad?" 
"Certainly sir," replies the bartender. 
"But all that comes to real money." 
"How much money?" inquires the guy. 
"Four cents," he replies. 
"Four cents?!" exclaims the guy. 
"Where's the guy who owns this place?" 
The barman replies, "Upstairs with my wife." 
The guy asks, "What's he doing with your wife?" 
The bartender replies, "Same as what I'm doing to his business."

No comments:

Post a Comment