Thursday, June 13, 2019

Wednesday, June 12, 2019


I just experienced a horribly long night only sleeping maybe 2 hours.  At one point I got up about 2am and it was raining hard outside.  That explains the “creaking” sound that I had been hearing for quite some time.  When I got up later about 5am the rain had stopped.

I got up at 8:15 and had a bowl of cereal.

Teresa came back at 9:15 and said there was almost nobody at nueve eps.  I understand she has another appt. tomorrow at 11:30.

I watched the first hour of the Today show, took half a Zopiclona and then went back to bed.  If it isn’t obvious by now I’m skipping gym today.  I slept at least another hour and felt a lot better.

I emailed Chuck and made plans to have NY Pizza tomorrow in La Buena Mesa.

Teresa and I left the apt at 1:30 and walking up the street we ran into Doyle, our upstairs neighbor.  I said I probably will be available for coffee Saturday morning if he’s available.  We had lunch at Asados Rogelio in La Buena Mesa.  We took a taxi from there to Mayorista where Teresa picked up mainly fruits and vegetables.

Back at the apt I helped her unpack some things then went to the bakery where I had a café con leche and bought an English muffin for future breakfasts.

I watched lessons 4-6 of Josh Rosen’s The London System DVD.
I bought Simon Williams’ Killer French Defence for $21.68.
I watched lessons 1-6 from Disc 1 of Simon Williams’ Killer French Defence.

My future plan is to play the London System with White and the French Defence and the Dutch Defence with Black.  At least I should be able to practice the London System and Dutch Defence against Jose to give me some experience.  My goal is to play them for the first time in the August Feria de los Flores tournament.

Teresa made me corn on the cob tonight, as she often does after making a trip to Mayorista but tonight was the closest it’s tasted to American sweet corn.

I see the US women’s soccer team crushed Thailand 13-0.  Their next match is Sunday at 11am against Chile.

Tonight I tried something a little different.  I took my other supplements (like muscle relaxant) earlier and took my Zopiclona alone just before going to bed.

3,476 steps today.

Joke of the day
As a senior citizen was driving down the motorway, his phone rang.  Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him: "Vernon , I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on I25. Please be careful!"
"Hell," said Vernon, "It's not just one car. There's hundreds of them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment