Saturday, June 15, 2019

Friday, June 14, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.  I think it rained all night but had stopped by the time I got up.

Other American commericals I noticed today are for AARP Medicare Complete and Boston Medical Group.  I think this TV program is probably broadcast to or from Miami, FL.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, I would like to see Long Shot (7.2) playing at Viva Envigado at 5:55pm and 8:35pm.

“Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.”  Found today on the internet.  When I am King we will have term limits.

At the gym I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.  On my next to last machine the seat was wet and I didn’t want to sit down without first drying it off.  I was sure they had paper towels around somewhere but I couldn’t see them.  There is a button on each machine if you need help from an instructor so I pressed it…several times.  It looked like there was some meeting going on in the manager’s office and I guess they couldn’t be bothered.  I decided to move to my last machine and come back to the wet one later.  I caught an instructor who was late for the meeting and I watched where he went for paper towels to clean the wet seat.

On the way back to the apt I picked up a Gente newspaper in the guardhouse.  They haven’t had them there for weeks even after the major construction had finished.  Even now they have them stacked in a corner instead of putting them out on a table so everyone could help themselves.

Teresa returned just before 12:30 and reported that she showed her test results to a woman in the gym who is a doctor and she said everything looks good.

It’s another overcast day.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a little rain again today or tonight.

I left the apt at 3:15 and walked to the mall.  Teresa wants to see the movie Long Shot (7.2) in the platinum theater with the comfortable reclining chairs but its playing in a different theater.  (Her thinking is if she doesn’t like the movie then she can just take a nap.)  I bought 2 preferred seating tickets for the 8:35pm showing for 25mil ($8).

I went upstairs to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and played a few games of online chess on chess.com.  I was able to practice 2 of my new openings so I was happy about that.

I watched lessons 16-22 from Disc 1 of Simon Williams’ Killer French Defence.

We left the apt about 7:45 and in the Platinum Zone we ordered chicken nuggets, a small popcorn, a small diet Coke, and a cherry lemonade.  I found the latter too sweet so I probably won’t order it again.  The food arrived just as we were leaving for the theater so the waitress followed us into the theater carrying it all on a tray.

The movie was pretty funny starting with the outlandish romantic relationship of Cherize Theron with Josh Rogan.  Even Teresa liked it and she usually doesn’t want to go see comedies.

By the time the movie ended it was almost 11pm and when we stepped outside it was raining lightly so we took a taxi back to the apt for the minimum fare of 5,500 pesos.

I took my melatonin and other medications, read for about 45 minutes and went to bed.

11,468steps today.

Joke of the day
A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."
Her neighbor asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"
The little silver haired lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster." 
Her neighbor decides to go over and help with the puzzle. 
She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.
He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster." He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea" and then he said with a deep sigh .....
 
"Now let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

2 comments:

  1. Cute Joke; hadn't seen this one, either. Gosh, that's two inside of a week!

    Are you mining your material somewhere new!

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have them in my files. Not sure of the original sources. I'm almost half the way through them, though I think i have enough to finish out the year.

    ReplyDelete