Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Tuesday, June 4, 2019


I got up once at 4:45 so that was 5 ¾ hours sleep – not bad.  It took a little while to fall back asleep and I finally woke/got up at 7:30.
I received an email from Chuck to meet for lunch at 12:30 at Bartolos.

I checked online and I believe I may have been on the wrong street last night because The Greek Connection is on Carrera 38 and Ay Caramba! Is on Carrera 37A. Uh-oh, my bad, but maybe I won’t mention that to Teresa.  Lol.

Teresa left at 10:50am for the finca.

I left at 11:45 and caught a Sabaneta bus to Parque Envigado.

At the park I went to the store where I had bought Teresa’s cellphone and it was closed, permanently.  Next door was another Rambler mattress store and I went in and asked about a queen sized memory foam mattress but the communication gap was too great so I told her I would return with my wife.  I stopped at a corner cellphone accessories store where I bought a JP-21 1.5 meter USB cable.  The box, since I’m going to be throwing it away, says “This USB 2.0 cabel (sic) connect your mobile and ipad.  Connector to you computer’s USB port for syncing and charging or to the USB Power Adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet.”  It cost me 15mil and another 10 mil for the wall plug it attaches to.

I met Chuck at Bartolos a few minutes later.  After we had lunch we went to the corner bakery where we had coffee and he had some type of pastry.

Today was a warm sunny day with a high about 84 degrees so the rainy season might be over.  We left just before 2pm because he had to meet someone and I took a bus back to La Buena Mesa.  I stopped in Exito and bought a package of cookies that Teresa asked me to pick up for her.

Teresa came back at 6:30.  I understand today was a good day because there was no rain but she has to return again on Thursday.

I finished reading John Grisham’s The Summons.

4,680 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man owned a small ranch in Montana.
The Montana Work Force Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.
"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.
"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus he gets free room and board." 
"The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board.
"Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here.
"He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night.
"He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."
"That's the guy I want to talk to...the half-wit," said the agent.
"That would be me," replied the rancher.

No comments:

Post a Comment