Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Tuesday, June 11, 2019


Last night I took my Zipoclona and went to bed at 11pm.  I got up once at 3am and it took me a little time to fall back asleep.  I woke/got up at 7:30 feeling pretty good.  My back felt better but I still took half an Excedrin Migraine because I’ll be showering early and leaving for downtown Envigado.

It’s surprising when I hear American companies being advertized on TV like Funeral Advantage and St. Judes Children’s Hospital.

I left the apt at 8:30 and took the bus downtown.  I first stopped in Carbon de Leña where I had my usual breakfast.  I don’t think their internet was working but I wasn’t concerned because I now have my internet plan.

I stopped at the new Banco Caja Social location I had found recently and withdrew their maximum of 700mil.  In Bancolombia I found a free Adn newspaper in the waiting room and one article stated that over the last 10 years traffic fatalities have fallen 63%.  Almost nobody was there and 10 minutes later I had paid the quarterly city tax on the finca and the Une wifi.

Next door in Claro I paid 107mil for Teresa’s plan.  It was about a buck cheaper this time possibly because I’m no longer mooching data off her plan.  The English-speaking man wasn’t there today but with my broken Spanish I explained the problem with my cellphone and what I thought the reason was.  He checked and confirmed that my Sim Card port #1 isn’t working.  He pointed to a kiosk just outside the office where I saw the sign “cellphone repairs”.  I thanked him and talked to a young lady at the booth.  I repeated my problem and what the solution is.  She said it would cost me 35-40mil ($11-$12) to have it fixed (replaced?) and it should be ready tonight.  I got a receipt and told her I would return tomorrow.  I’m expecting that after it’s fixed my contacts will come back because they should be stored on my Sim 1.

I’m thinking that in the States it would cost $100 to repair it and you’d have to wait a week.  To my readers have you ever had a Sim port fixed?  How much did it cost and how long did it take to repair?

I took a bus back to the apt arriving at 10:30.  Teresa had already left for nueve eps in Itagui to obtain a doctor’s appointment.

I already miss my cellphone!

I watched Josh Rosen’s 45-minute video Beat Good Players with the London System on the Saint Louis Chess Club website.

Today I’ve felt some tweaks in my left hamstring not doing anything strenuous beyond walking.  I’ll have to take care in the gym in the near future.

I watched the first hour of the Today show replay that started at 1pm.  I walked to Jack & Root where I had a classic burger and a mandarin juice for 34mil ($11) including tax and tip.  (Btw, when I am King all taxes will be included in the price advertised.)  I was back at the apt by 2:45.

Teresa returned at 3pm and again complained that I didn’t answer my phone.  Sigh!  She knew it was broken so she shouldn’t be surprised that it hasn’t been repaired as yet.

Teresa surprised me again when she proclaimed she would like to eat at La Casita Parilla tonight – like 7 or 7:30.

We left the apt about 6:30 and a few blocks from the restaurant I separated and headed to the cellphone repair booth.  The young lady had my cellphone and I understood that the guy said it was working and I wouldn’t be charged anything.  I put my Sim cards back in and darn if it didn’t show both Sim cards being there.  Also, the names are back in my Whatsapp app and the numbers for my contacts.  Go figure!  Anyway, the kiosk is called La Curbuja and it’s between Claro and Exito a block from Parque Envigado.

We had another delicious dinner of ribs and juice at La Casita Parilla for 34mil ($10.50).  The plate also includes a delicious arepa with mozzerella cheese on top, a baked potato and simple salad.

We walked back to the apt returning at 8:15.

I watched lessons 1-3 of Josh Rosen’s The London System DVD.

9,406 steps today.

Joke of the day
80-year old Bessie burst into the recreation room at a retirement home. She held her clenched fist in the air and announced, "Anyone who can guess what's in my hand can have sex with me tonight!"
An elderly gentleman in the rear shouted out, "An elephant?"
Bessie thought for a minute and said, "Close enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment