Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Monday, June 10, 2019


Last night I took my Zopiclona and went to bed at 11pm as usual.  I fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until 6am getting up at 7am.  Wow! Seven hours straight, nice!  Now, why?  Because I walked 16,000+ steps yesterday?  Because I didn’t drink anything with my dinner?  Both? Something else?

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.

Teresa is going downtown to wait in line for 2-5 hours for her monthly cancer medication.  She said she would call me if she finished early and we could meet for lunch at La Bahia.

I completed all but one of my exercises in 90 minutes.  (Someone was hogging the chest press machine.)

Back at the apt Laura called me and we chatted for awhile.  I took my shower and went to the mall where I had coffee and read some news.  At 1pm I gave up hearing from Teresa and I had lunch at Sarku’s.  I noticed that my Whatsapp, which usually shows names, instead shows phone numbers.  In Contacts it shows names but there is no number saved with it.  What?

I went to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and played a game of online chess.

About 3pm I returned to the apt.

Teresa was mad at me because she says she called me multiple times and all she got was voice mail.  (Btw, she waited in line for 4 hours.  I’m not sure how much longer she’ll want to continue doing that.)  My phone didn’t show any calls from her.  I also noticed that her name no longer appears in my Contact list.  Strange! 

I went to put her name back in my Contacts and it offered me to save it to Device or Sim 2.  That was quite a hint that something was wrong with my Sim 1.  I turned off my phone and removed the cover and made sure my Sim 1 card was fully inserted.  It was.  I then called Teresa and it worked but displayed my Sim card 2 phone number.  I resaved her number to Device and then her name showed up in Whatsapp.  This all leaves me to believe that something changed with my Sim 1.  Remember I dropped my phone a few days ago?  Is it possible that my Sim 1 slot was damaged?  Also the 10th of the month is Claro’s billing day so tomorrow I’m going to their office and pay her bill and talk to the guy that speaks English.  Maybe I have to put money on my Sim 1 card?  Maybe I need to reregister it?  Hopefully, I’ll find out tomorrow morning while Teresa will be going to nueve eps in Medellin.

I watched lessons 52-58 of Simon Williams’ The Killer Dutch DVD and that ends his lessons.  Now I need to practice the opening – probably against Jose when he returns.

5,020 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years, they partook in many activities and adventures together. Of late their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.
One day when they were playing cards, one looked at the other and said: "Now don't get mad at me - I know we've been friends for a long time, but I just can't think of your name. I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is."
Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment